By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

OP

LoT rushed out the H2H. No mention of resolution, number of cars on screen, 720p analysis, textures, polygons, AI, sound etc etc. Pretty dissapointing analysis.

Around the Network

Around 5 year development for Gran Turismo 5 between announcement to launch. PS3 exclusive games utilise Blu-Ray and 1080p HDMI and superior sound/audio. Visuals and sound perspective Gran turismo 5 has the edge over Forza 3.

Forza 3 was developed and launched 2 years after Forza 2 released in 2007. Gran Turismo 5 was developed and launched more than 6 years after Gran Turismo 4 released in 2004. 

Forza 3 sits on 91 on Metacritic. 5 points higher than Gran Turismo 5, sits on 86. Forza 3 has the edge over Gran Turismo 5 as far as the critics/reviewers are concerned. 

I agree the 200 premium cars look better. Can't say much for the rest of the game.... I.e 800 ps2 upscaled cars you can't use in photomode.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

16 cars at 1080P vs 8 cars at 720P. Nuff said to those nagging about "performance". It's alot easier to handle a lesser task

Like I said Digital Foundry them selves made a comparison between GT5P and Forza 3 and GT5P came out on top so this isn't shocking at all.

Around the Network

It's so very amusing to see everyone take every little shot they can at Gran Turismo.....

Average of 52 FPS to 55FPS..... Now I'm no math expert but if Forza was locked at 60FPS and Gran Turismo was flucuating as much as they claim, you should expect to see a much bigger difference than 3 FPS. Screen tearing? It happens and it can also vary depending on your setup, I'll try to keep an eye and see how noticeable it is.

Bottom Line: Gran Turismo looks better, is more advanced, and offers more in all categories (Cars, Tracks, Online Features, Everything). Period. Did it take 5 years? Yeah, big whoop you already  bitched about it. Go play the damn game.

Let's not forget one way GT5 handles 16 cars on screen is a rolling start which spaces out the cars and THAT A.I. I highly doubt anyone has actually seen all 16 cars on screen at once close together. I really think for a simulator Polyphony should've sacrificed some visual fidelity for the sake of performance.

Jesus, some of you guys just can't accept the fact that GT5 isn't as impressive as PD lead us to believe.  It had a super long development cycle and its still not polished.  Forza 3 is over a year older than GT5 and it still competes.  GT5  had a 5 or 6 year development cycle so 99% of the people here would make a guess and say the graphics should blow away F3, but the simple fact is they don't.    Lucky for us GT lovers graphics aren't the only thing that makes a game.  GT 5 is cram packed with content, so you will be able to play it for a long long time.  My biggest problem however is that content, I'm guessing 90% of people who own it wont finish 25% of the game.  If they had cut the content in half and polished the game a little more it would have blown all our expectations away (or I would like to think it would have).  Unfortunately PD went a different route and gave us quantity instead.

For me GT5 is a great game, it has its share of problems as do all games.  None of them take away my enjoyment for playing the game however.  I like the fact that there are so many more cars/people that you can race against.  The sad thing is (for me anyways) the online isn't up to par yet.  Hopefully when they get the online patch fixed it will be.  Until that point I will play GT5 single player and F3 multiplayer (most of my online buddies are on live).   

In closing, GT5 is great fun but it isn't the second coming like some on here have proclaimed.  The game will continue to be updated/patched and this will only make it better and better.   Go play the game and enjoy it for what it is.  

Everyone needs to stop making foolish remarks pro or against it.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

Conclusion: There’s no doubt that Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 are beautiful looking racing games, but quite honestly we were expecting a little more from Gran Turismo 5 in the performance department. Not only did Gran Turismo 5 constantly fall below the 60 FPS mark, there was quite a bit of noticeable screen tearing occurring throughout. While Gran Turismo 5 may have a slight visual advantage over Forza 3, our analyzer proves that Forza 3 out performed Gran Turismo 5 in almost every video we captured. Lets hope Sony releases a performance patch in the near future, but Sony please don’t make us wait too long…

the 22% of torn frames on average for GT5 is shocking... not very "advanced" either

"polish"?

forza does perform better but it has much less to do on screen, overall gt5 looks better but id deffo give forza performance edge

looks  better?  with 20% plus screen tear and frame rate drops?  dont think so.  has higher resolution maybe but that does not mean looks better.

anyway... kartin is a blast.  I'm a natural in the kart!!

you managed to get it online yet?  is it just me or a UK thing?

You obviously did read it.
Plus like said previously, Gt5 has alot more going on.
Plus it has a much more performance affecting way of dealing with damage, so it does have it reasons.
and im not saying its good to have 20% screen tear every now and again, or have a few frames missing, but it has it reasons.

did read just the first site but you know that forza has real damage to calculate all the time? you can destroy your gear, brakes, motor and so on...why doesnt gt have this? i bet because it would drop the framerate much more and then they would have to drop the car quantity on screen.

i mean, which other reason is there to have no real damage in a "real driving simulator"? 

crissindahouse said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

Conclusion: There’s no doubt that Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 are beautiful looking racing games, but quite honestly we were expecting a little more from Gran Turismo 5 in the performance department. Not only did Gran Turismo 5 constantly fall below the 60 FPS mark, there was quite a bit of noticeable screen tearing occurring throughout. While Gran Turismo 5 may have a slight visual advantage over Forza 3, our analyzer proves that Forza 3 out performed Gran Turismo 5 in almost every video we captured. Lets hope Sony releases a performance patch in the near future, but Sony please don’t make us wait too long…

the 22% of torn frames on average for GT5 is shocking... not very "advanced" either

"polish"?

forza does perform better but it has much less to do on screen, overall gt5 looks better but id deffo give forza performance edge

looks  better?  with 20% plus screen tear and frame rate drops?  dont think so.  has higher resolution maybe but that does not mean looks better.

anyway... kartin is a blast.  I'm a natural in the kart!!

you managed to get it online yet?  is it just me or a UK thing?

You obviously did read it.
Plus like said previously, Gt5 has alot more going on.
Plus it has a much more performance affecting way of dealing with damage, so it does have it reasons.
and im not saying its good to have 20% screen tear every now and again, or have a few frames missing, but it has it reasons.

did read just the first site but you know that forza has real damage to calculate all the time? you can destroy your gear, brakes, motor and so on...why doesnt gt have this? i bet because it would drop the framerate much more and then they would have to drop the car quantity on screen.

i mean, which other reason is there to have no real damage in a "real driving simulator"? 

Because said "real driving simulator" isn't attempting to simulate realistic crashes.  It's trying, and succeeding to simulate real car handling and behavior for over 1000 cars, among other things.

Car damage is just a plus, and they might perfect it with upcoming titles.  But that has never been the point of GT.