By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

BTW, patch 1.02 is up now.

Currently downloading it.  It weights 133MB.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

is that the patch  for the damage and improved performance??

Ping_ii said:
Hynad said:

This patch will address some online features:

"We received a lot of demands for having more regulations placed on the online play. We're going to perform an update on the 27th that will include things like max power restrictions and weight restrictions."  Yamauchi said.

The patch that will improve performances is supposed to come out on December 1, and will address this:

* More physical damage to axels, bringing leaning to left/right
* Damage in arcade mode
* Reduce the minimal framerate dips

So waited a year later to release GT5 to steal Forza 3's ideas and on top of that it doesn't perform as well as Forza 3? Wow Sony, you're slacking and lucky that GT5 is a brand name. 

Hynad said:
Ping_ii said:
Hynad said:

This patch is supposed to fix the online features, if I recall correctly.

The patch that will improve performances is supposed to come out on December 1, and will address this:

* More physical damage to axels, bringing leaning to left/right
* Damage in arcade mode
* Reduce the minimal framerate dips

Damage in arcade mode? B4 the patch there was already damage.......I thought it was more of improving it?

Around the Network
Soonerman said:

So waited a year later to release GT5 to steal Forza 3's ideas and on top of that it doesn't perform as well as Forza 3? Wow Sony, you're slacking and lucky that GT5 is a brand name. 

LOL!!! wake us up when Forza is even running on 1080p has weather effect,day and night cycle, 16 cars on the sceen and has better graphics than GT5 prolog. till then dont even speak.

crissindahouse said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

Conclusion: There’s no doubt that Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 are beautiful looking racing games, but quite honestly we were expecting a little more from Gran Turismo 5 in the performance department. Not only did Gran Turismo 5 constantly fall below the 60 FPS mark, there was quite a bit of noticeable screen tearing occurring throughout. While Gran Turismo 5 may have a slight visual advantage over Forza 3, our analyzer proves that Forza 3 out performed Gran Turismo 5 in almost every video we captured. Lets hope Sony releases a performance patch in the near future, but Sony please don’t make us wait too long…

the 22% of torn frames on average for GT5 is shocking... not very "advanced" either

"polish"?

forza does perform better but it has much less to do on screen, overall gt5 looks better but id deffo give forza performance edge

looks  better?  with 20% plus screen tear and frame rate drops?  dont think so.  has higher resolution maybe but that does not mean looks better.

anyway... kartin is a blast.  I'm a natural in the kart!!

you managed to get it online yet?  is it just me or a UK thing?

You obviously did read it.
Plus like said previously, Gt5 has alot more going on.
Plus it has a much more performance affecting way of dealing with damage, so it does have it reasons.
and im not saying its good to have 20% screen tear every now and again, or have a few frames missing, but it has it reasons.

did read just the first site but you know that forza has real damage to calculate all the time? you can destroy your gear, brakes, motor and so on...why doesnt gt have this? i bet because it would drop the framerate much more and then they would have to drop the car quantity on screen.

i mean, which other reason is there to have no real damage in a "real driving simulator"? 

At first Forza 3 damage sound good yet with time most notice is almost nonexistance. Even ISR admitted they rated Forza 3 too high especially when it came to damage. Cars are hit the wall full speed and come away without any damage. If Gt5 graphics  were overated then truely Forza 3 damage is even more overrated. That is unless you love "George of the Jungle" damage. George hit tree, bark flies off tree. Car hit wall, paint flies off car.

The reason there is little damage to console sims is to make the sim more forgiven to less serious sim racers. Forza did add some damage then turn around and gave unlimit rewind feature which removes all mistakes; thus a build-in cheat.

Smidlee said:
crissindahouse said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

Conclusion: There’s no doubt that Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 are beautiful looking racing games, but quite honestly we were expecting a little more from Gran Turismo 5 in the performance department. Not only did Gran Turismo 5 constantly fall below the 60 FPS mark, there was quite a bit of noticeable screen tearing occurring throughout. While Gran Turismo 5 may have a slight visual advantage over Forza 3, our analyzer proves that Forza 3 out performed Gran Turismo 5 in almost every video we captured. Lets hope Sony releases a performance patch in the near future, but Sony please don’t make us wait too long…

the 22% of torn frames on average for GT5 is shocking... not very "advanced" either

"polish"?

forza does perform better but it has much less to do on screen, overall gt5 looks better but id deffo give forza performance edge

looks  better?  with 20% plus screen tear and frame rate drops?  dont think so.  has higher resolution maybe but that does not mean looks better.

Plus it has a much more performance affecting way of dealing with damage, so it does have it reasons.
and im not saying its good to have 20% screen tear every now and again, or have a few frames missing, but it has it reasons.

did read just the first site but you know that forza has real damage to calculate all the time? you can destroy your gear, brakes, motor and so on...why doesnt gt have this? i bet because it would drop the framerate much more and then they would have to drop the car quantity on screen.

i mean, which other reason is there to have no real damage in a "real driving simulator"? 

At first Forza 3 damage sound good yet with time most notice is almost nonexistance. Even ISR admitted they rated Forza 3 too high especially when it came to damage. Cars are hit the wall full speed and come away without any damage. If Gt5 graphics  were overated then truely Forza 3 damage is even more overrated. That is unless you love "George of the Jungle" damage. George hit tree, bark flies off tree. Car hit wall, paint flies off car.

The reason there is little damage to console sims is to make the sim more forgiven to less serious sim racers. Forza did add some damage then turn around and gave unlimit rewind feature which removes all mistakes; thus a build-in cheat.

I don't know what game you're talking about. You hit the wall on Forza 3 at full speed and your car not only is damaged, but you also aren't going more than 20-30 MPH the rest of the race. The only thing that could make what you said possible is by turning the damage off.

The rewind button is about as much of a cheat as the "restart race" button is.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Smidlee said:
crissindahouse said:
ConnorJCP said:
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

"polish"?

I don't know what game you're talking about. You hit the wall on Forza 3 at full speed and your car not only is damaged, but you also aren't going more than 20-30 MPH the rest of the race. The only thing that could make what you said possible is by turning the damage off.

The rewind button is about as much of a cheat as the "restart race" button is.

I'm not the only one who notice this. It's more like hit and miss. ISR noted this as well which why Forza cars take a hit in damage compared to Rfactor cars in Top sim cars.  (even clutch damage sound good at first yet all the clutch required was pushing two buttons at the same time to shift instead of one and never damage the clutch.)

you do know the difference between rewind and restart right? Restart is starting over.  Also it's unlimited rewind.

Gran Turismo 5 offers the visuals and all the licensed cars in 1080p. 1000 cars and realistic tracks with all the turns. GT5 is the ultimate driving simulator. If you want a fun Arcade racer Gran turismo 5 is not the game series for you. Need for Speed and countless other Arcade race games are available. Gran turismo series is a hard core racing simulator emphasis is on real physics associated with driving cars on different track and weather conditions. 

Gran turismo 5 is like String theory of a racing game with all the realistic physics. But is that fun for the average pick up and play casual gamer? Mario Kart or one of the countless arcade racing games are fun for casual gamers.

Hard core gamer or Casual gamer? Driving simulator or Arcade style racer?  Game purchase decisions are very straight forward.