By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

Seece said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:

For a game that's been in 5 year dev time VS 2 years for Forza 3, is on a more powerful machine, with more experienced devs behind it, you would hope so!

Before Forza 3 there was Froza 2 and before GT5 there was GT5P so it's a little misleading saying Froza 3 was 2 years in development when forza 2 was a stepping stone.

Forza 1 - 2005
Forza 2 - 2007
Forza 3 - 2009

Forza seems like a 2 year cycle franchise to me.

If GT6 comes out in 2 years for example it doesn't mean Gt6 was developed in 2 years of itself since obviously Gt5 is a stepping stone. Forza 3 added on to Forza 2 engine just like GT6 will add on to GT5.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
Seece said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:

For a game that's been in 5 year dev time VS 2 years for Forza 3, is on a more powerful machine, with more experienced devs behind it, you would hope so!

Before Forza 3 there was Froza 2 and before GT5 there was GT5P so it's a little misleading saying Froza 3 was 2 years in development when forza 2 was a stepping stone.

Forza 1 - 2005
Forza 2 - 2007
Forza 3 - 2009

If GT6 comes out in 2 years for example it doesn't mean Gt6 was developed in 2 years of itself since obviously Gt5 is a stepping stone. Forza 3 added on to Forza 2 engine just like GT6 will add on to GT5.

I kind of agree to that.  Gt 2, for example, felt like an update of GT 1, an expension to it.  Just like GT 3 feels like GT5P is to GT5 compared to GT4, which felt a lot more fleshed out and feature packed.

As far as GT 5 is concerned, we live in the digital distribution era now.  I think PD will stick to GT5 and update it via patching and DLC (free or not) for the coming few years.

Smidlee said:
Seece said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:

Forza 1 - 2005
Forza 2 - 2007
Forza 3 - 2009

I'm pretty sure the engine for Forza 3 is not the same as the engine for Forza 2.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:

Forza 1 - 2005
Forza 2 - 2007
Forza 3 - 2009

I'm pretty sure the engine for Forza 3 is not the same as the engine for Forza 2.

I believe is was updated just as Gt5 was updated from GT5P yet playing both they feel very similiar with more grip and damaged added to Forza 3. Of course it more than just the engine as GT3 didn't have no where near the cars of GT2.  GT4 was the upgraded of Gt3.

themanwithnoname said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:
Smidlee said:
Seece said:

Forza 1 - 2005
Forza 2 - 2007
Forza 3 - 2009

its not the same direct engine for sure, but its certainly a template that they improved on, and the fact that they had more disk space to play with on forza 3 meant they could up the details etc.

i was on forza 3 over the weekend because of the free live and it looks ace, the difference with gt5 is on forza the visual setup is a different kettle of fish to gt5. id best put it as much more vibrant arcade visuals on forza 3 where on gt5 colours make game look more real. both look great but different, but visual nod deffo goes to gt5 although forza is still a looker

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Whilst this is all very interesting what is the outcome for sales?

Will this game still sell in the higher expectation range even with a slightly lower critic rating? Will it still receive a solid worth of mouth rating?

I have always said the game will sell 8 million worldwide I do not think this really changes that but it probably would change the opinion of others suggesting 9 million or more but that really depends on whether people ultimately are happy with the offering and will push the sales through word of mouth.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Anyone seen AI Comparison - GT5 vs. Forza 3? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox70Ho9_jX4&feature=player_embedded

Nsanity said:

Anyone seen AI Comparison - GT5 vs. Forza 3? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox70Ho9_jX4&feature=player_embedded

Ha ha, nice try.  You do know that the A.I. in GT 5 scales, right?  Oh no, you don't. You're too busy trying to shit on a game you have never touched, and have no intention to own.

Here's a video for you, skip to 2:00.  Red car is the player's, who's messing around the track. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OndIn8IAl7A

Keep trying. ^_-

Not sure the AI Comparison truly is Apples for Apples, sure on the face of it this is damning for GT5 although many point out the progressive AI feature as a mechanism to help new starters.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

i watch f1 and a bit of rally every now and then.....the drivers look as if their all driving on a certain path. they dont move around like amatuers.

and yes, they do crash into the side of other drivers occasionally which is what happens in GT5 as well.

you cant fault to AI just because their driving professionally and not like a bunch of noobs.