By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

kiefer23 said:
Barozi said:

game engine-wise no doubt, but when you can't show it in every race, it's not of much use. (talking about damage mainly. Though that doesn't mean that I wasn't disappointed when I saw the "damage" in Forza 3 for the first time.)

Higher resolution is pretty much a non-factor in this case, since GT5 runs a bit slower on average. Should be around the same if both are 720p or both 1280x1080.

Only real factor are the 8 additionally AI drivers.

Though in the end it's hard to say how much farther Forza could go. Definitely hasn't reached its limit at the current settings.

Let's not forget how smart the 8 forza A.I drivers actually were. They never stuck to a line, occasinally made real life mistakes when under pressure and reacted differently to how you drove next to them.

I haven't had the chance to play GT5 yet but I've heard the A.I are still the same from the old games which means they all follow a racing line and stay in that position.

It scales the more you play the game and level up as well as the higher events have much better AI than at the start.The AI at the beginning is pretty bad going slow on corners, sticking to a line. Later on though, I've experienced cars defending the inside line as I try to overtake, battling and jostling for position etc. It's definately much improved.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

did read just the first site but you know that forza has real damage to calculate all the time? you can destroy your gear, brakes, motor and so on...why doesnt gt have this? i bet because it would drop the framerate much more and then they would have to drop the car quantity on screen.

i mean, which other reason is there to have no real damage in a "real driving simulator"? 

You do realise that GT5 does have damage at later stages. It uses a global damage model for the standard cars but utlises individual damage models for the 200 premium cars. Forza 3 didn't have individual damage models for the cars.

kiefer23 said:
Barozi said:

game engine-wise no doubt, but when you can't show it in every race, it's not of much use. (talking about damage mainly. Though that doesn't mean that I wasn't disappointed when I saw the "damage" in Forza 3 for the first time.)

Higher resolution is pretty much a non-factor in this case, since GT5 runs a bit slower on average. Should be around the same if both are 720p or both 1280x1080.

Only real factor are the 8 additionally AI drivers.

Though in the end it's hard to say how much farther Forza could go. Definitely hasn't reached its limit at the current settings.

Let's not forget how smart the 8 forza A.I drivers actually were. They never stuck to a line, occasinally made real life mistakes when under pressure and reacted differently to how you drove next to them.

I haven't had the chance to play GT5 yet but I've heard the A.I are still the same from the old games which means they all follow a racing line and stay in that position.

GT5 AI sounds a lot like you just describe Forza 3 AI. Both has flaws just like all AI. One thing harder to do in GT5 is to throw the AI into a wall ,off the track, etc.If you try to cut them off they will pit you. Also going three wide into a corner usually ends in a wreck.

GT5 IS A BEAUTIFUL BEAST!!

I've the both games and what i can say is that fora 3 has no tearing and the cenarios and so on look a lot better on forza3 GT5 looks to much empty and pasted things not 3d models.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

Im not seeing it

ZaneWane said:
Heavenly_King said:

Im not seeing it

you realize this is a 4 month old thread?

I heard that Polyphony originally wanted to use 7 of the 8 SPUs on the PS3, but for some reason no developer uses 7 of the SPUs, only 6. i think is could be linked to the long load times of GT5 and possibily the performance of the game.

pezus said:
ZaneWane said:
Heavenly_King said:

Im not seeing it

If we're going to judge the graphics based on the worst flaws (and some in split screen no less), what would you say about this picture and it's relevance to your sig? 

Well said.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Before this debate actually gets anywhere, Forza 4 will be out in October with 16 cars and image photo lighting model ingame.

Now the Forza 4 vs GT5 comparison will be epic.