By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

I mean the fact that Forza 3 is already a year old, and with so much time/resources that went into GT5, isn't it kinda execpted to be much better?

Anyways their both amazing games thats all that matters....

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Skeeuk said:
disolitude said:

I'm not saying Forza 3 is better than GT5 but I don't think there is anyone out there who would take higher resolution over FPS performance in a racing sim... would be nice if GT5 used some of its 5 year development time to give players the option to go to 720p and get 60 FPS.

Which leads me to another question... Did any publication confirm the native resolution of GT5 yet? GT5P wasn't 1080p but 1280x1080 for gameplay.

Also what resolution is 3d running at?

its not just the higher resolution its the overall game grafix its much better on gt5 even though forza performance is better.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-gt5-update-confirmed-for-saturday

a good video on that link i cant embed.

you are going to have to explain that...

you know what i mean, the art in game the presentation how it looks on screen that kind of thing.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

jpain333 said:

I mean the fact that Forza 3 is already a year old, and with so much time/resources that went into GT5, isn't it kinda execpted to be much better?

Anyways their both amazing games thats all that matters....

il agree with that, best buy both if you have both systems, there both diff type of games that cater for diff crowds

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So, the only disadvantage over Forza 3 was the performance?

Seems like even this "issue" will get fixed as well:

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2010/11/25/report_new_gran_turismo_5/

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

The other funny thing is that this was supposed to be a game which showed how much more powerful the PS3 was etc. I guess the multiplat developers who said they were around even consider this even more external proof of what they already knew.

Tease.

Around the Network

I've just played GT5 and I must say...the graphics are very disappointing and not at all in line with what they promised.

That being said, graphics really shouldn't be so important.

Squilliam said:

The other funny thing is that this was supposed to be a game which showed how much more powerful the PS3 was etc. I guess the multiplat developers who said they were around even consider this even more external proof of what they already knew.

I dont remember many people saying it was showing how powerful the ps3 was, just how much blu-ray discs help. 
Its more uncharted 2 that shows of what PS3 is capable of.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Wait, I'm a casual gamer so I don't understand frame rate and all that.  What I am getting is that graphically and performance wise, forza 3 and GT5 is very similar? 

I would have thought GT5 would be far more advanced.

GT5 looks sooo much better than Forza. With something like sim racers where both games look so beutiful, it takes some time with both games to conclude that GT5 seriously without question 100% fucking dominates Forza.

I dont understand why there are so many people who seem to want to detract from GT5.

I played for about 10 hours straight with friends yesterday with the G25 wheel, and it is safe to say that we all witnessed the equivilence of christ coming through the tv into our faces..  no joke.

We ALL agreed at 5am that the game was not only better than any racer but also without question better than any game ever.. period. (nothing comes remotely close)

we had the racing rig very close to the tv all running 1080p with super loud surround. after a while, the person driving would use surround headphones and when all of that was happening, your peripheral vision outside of the tv screen seriously melted away and you actually fucking feel like you are really racing.

Like a simulation.

Go to photo mode, and then tell me that Forza has anything comparable in the Glory that is GT5.

detractors will say,.. but but screen tearing calibration % while nervously sweating to prove some negative evil fanboy shit. Im tired of it! STFU already, play it, love it.

Back to Christ... I mean GT5.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Expected.

Even GT5P looks better than Forza 3 and thats according to DIGITAL FOUNDRY them selves.