By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you a casual gamer...?

Grey Acumen said:

On the other side are casual games. Like sims or some mario games, puzzle games and things like Wii sports. These games can all generally be played in short periods of time and set aside to play later, without being put at a disadvantage or losing track of the storyline.

I feel bad now.  I lost track of Wii Sports' storyline before I played my first game of it.  

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Grey Acumen said:

On the other side are casual games. Like sims or some mario games, puzzle games and things like Wii sports. These games can all generally be played in short periods of time and set aside to play later, without being put at a disadvantage or losing track of the storyline.

I feel bad now. I lost track of Wii Sports' storyline before I played my first game of it.

I know how you feel. I'm going to go back and play through it again to get ready for the sequel. I've heard that you can get into Wii Fit without knowing how Wii Sports ends but I like it better when there's continuity.

Cool then I'm a casual gamer!

In the middle, there isn't like any ps3/360 games i'm interested. It's only really Wii games I like. I'm fine with that though.

I am hardcore all the way.

mM
Around the Network

Mummelmann said:

I think the biggest difference between hardcore and casual is the amount spent playing rather than which titles.

you, my friend, have it right!

dictionary definitions:

casual - irregular; occasional; without definite or serious intention

hardcore -  unservingly committed; uncomromising; dedicated

games are not casual or hardcore, the people who play them are.  some titles certainly lend themselves to one group or the other (nintendogs comes to mind) but most games attract a mix of both casual and hardcore. 

oh, and i consider myself hardcore. xD

hardcore. I consider a hardcore to be a gamer that can play any type of game regardless of what kind of game it is and they can play said game for many many hours non stop!

Gamerace said:
Well, since I play less than 5 hours per month, I'd say I'm casual. However, I get pretty hardcore when it comes to Bioware games or some other RPGS. Spend 100+ hours on Buldar's Gate and another 100+ on Guild Wars. Finished KOTOR (PC). But inbetween great RPGs, I'm definately very casual.

I think we are alike you and me :)

Words Of Wisdom said:
My system for telling casual versus hardcore is very simple.

If you can beat Super Mario Bros. 3, you are hardcore.

If you cannot beat Super Mario Bros. 3, you are casual.

Strangely enough, it works brilliantly.

I think you just called the Xbox 360 crowd casual.

For me it is:

Casual: someone who only does it once in a while.

Hardcore: those people who play everyday but aren't true believers. (like all those 'goths' that aren't.)

Straightedge: most of the people on this board.  True believers that care about the culture as much as their personal satisfaction.