By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you a casual gamer...?

I've never been a hardcore gamer, even when I played for 8+ plus hours each day as a teen.

I've completed 100s of games from very basic arcade ones in the 80s to current more complicated and time consuming ones on Xbox360/Wii/DS/PC.

Despite all this I just enjoy playing games and do not put myself into any catagory and have no idea where this 'hardcore' name comes from.

My guess is that it's used by people who think they are somehow better at playing games than everyone else just because they have completed and spent hours playing Halo and other fps type games.

Well 'harcore gamers' how many 100s of games have you completed, bet very few of you can beat me!!

^ not showing off :0P

Around the Network

there are no such groups, either u play games or u dont. i myself by alot of ur guy;s reasoning is a casual gamer. BUT i play wow on the pc and has been a leader of a counterstrike clan 3 tiimes in 5 years. played games since i was 5 (pong roxors). ive hustled at mortl kombat 2(went in with 20 walked out with 100) ive beaten every mario bros game (except luigi's mansion). i own and beaten HL2, farcry, KOTOR, HL and many many more games. this is why i say there are only two groups the gamers and the people htat dont play games.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Words Of Wisdom said:
My system for telling casual versus hardcore is very simple.

If you can beat Super Mario Bros. 3, you are hardcore.

If you cannot beat Super Mario Bros. 3, you are casual.

Strangely enough, it works brilliantly.

I can't beat it yet I'm by no ones means a casual gamer.

I enjoy casual games but I also like "hardcore" games.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

scorptile said:
ive beaten every mario bros game (except luigi's mansion)

Amateur!

i can beat Super Mario Bros 3 and i love Viva Pinata.

i am casualcore.

it was cool.........good time larry wanted to be crucified

Around the Network

I beat easy game. Now when eat?

I ♥ Nintendo. ^_^