By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I a bad person?

Bristow9091 said:

Nah man, the first one is like me, I have my own PS3 that I bought with my own money (Didn't get it as a present) and my little brother keeps asking to play on it, so I tell him no, he's not touching my PS3 or my games, since I paid for them myself, and when he plays on his 360, he loses the controllers, and leaves discs out on the side so they scratch like mad, I'm not letting him do any of that with something that I bought... so anyway, he's buying his own now, and reckons he can play my games, My parents have said that's fine, but if we see one disc, just ONE disc out of its case or lost, or scratched or anything, they're going to take the PS3 off him, slap it on eBay and half the money with me, which has actually happened before with the PS2, because he needs to learn to look after and respect other peoples posessions, and he can't even do it with his own things, so I don't see why I should have to let him.

So yeah, tl;dr in my eyes number one is completely fine, since I'm in the same situation.

As for number two, it depends how old your sister is, I mean, sure the story isn't exactly for minors, but if she's a teenager or something, I don't see why she wouldn't understand what's going on, so this is kinda mixed really.

Thirdly, what you did was right by not letting him eat the food, however, it was a dick move eating it infront of him, especially since the way you put it is you were gloating infront of him basically, which isn't really fair, that's like running and jumping around a crippled person, sure you think it's funny, but it's heartbreaking for them.

Pretty much I agree with this since I have been in the same situations with 1 and 2. With 3 you shouldn't have eaten it in front of him!

But it depends how the people take care of your belongings. If your bro doesn't scratch the discs or anything like that then you should have let him play. Then again I don't know the situation with your bro so I can't say much.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

i don't see how to remedy the situation. the second ps3 is already there. meh.

It is hard to admit to things

To make it easy, just acknowledge to them you realize you were hard on them, and if you want to make things right again you'll do your best. That is what I would do at least.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
d21lewis said:
toru_bozu said:

I felt sorry for your brother...

What did you say!?

(My humor is wasted with this one, I know.)

Lol I get it. Not cuz I'm black but because.... yeah its because I'm black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
d21lewis said:
toru_bozu said:

What did you say!?

um.. i don't get it.

bugrimmar said:

but still i don't see how to remedy the situation. the second ps3 is already there. meh.

Admit to them you were wrong and apologize. That's a great first step, and then talk it over with them.

Around the Network

We're 4 brothers in the family, and i can't imagine myself doing what you did!! My god am i the only one in such good terms with my siblings :P

And wow i agree u shouldnt give your dad cake, but hell eating in front of him.. 

To be honest, you're an asshole! You seem decent, i mean first you feel a bit of guilt and self realization, but you are really selfish. d21 was spot on in everything

Rainbird said:
bugrimmar said:

but still i don't see how to remedy the situation. the second ps3 is already there. meh.

Admit to them you were wrong and apologize. That's a great first step, and then talk it over with them.

Well the second PS3 is sorta bad, (Sony disagrees) but you can change how you treat them in the future, Read my earlier post for advice on that.

Is your house big? If you have many rooms maybe get him a small TV for Christmas and then he can play his PS3 while you play yours. heck you could connect them and play LAN mutliplayer.

Heck it doesn't even have to be financial, sure you can't get him his money back but maybe you can find a way for him to use his new PS3. I'd say bury the hatchet start talking to him again and maybe you can just remember "How would I want to be treated" It makes very hard decision's alot easier.

Also try to look at everything from his perspective, drop your own perspective. Its very easy to see things our way through our eye's but if you try to see things through the eyes of your brother you may be suprised.

I think the best rememdy for your situation is to try and thaw your tense relationship with your brother through compassion and understanding. Remember you can be the bigger man even if others won't.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

bugrimmar said:
Signalstar said:
d21lewis said:
toru_bozu said:

What did you say!?

um.. i don't get it.

added bonus:

Above: Two of the most epic movies of all time!

EDIT: Oh and yeah.. your horrible as a person.

*shakes head slowly*

you're a bad gamer. to deprive two people of the chance to share gaming with you.. :D  :(

and im sure your dads old enough to decide for himself whether he can eat cake or not, regardless of his diabetes? :)

stop being so mean! >.<

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.