By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I a bad person?

bugrimmar said:

Case 1: My older brother has been living in the same house as me for the past year, and throughout that year, I have never let him play with my PS3 even once. Well, it's not a case of me telling him not to.. it's because we're sort of not on speaking terms and I hide my controllers after I play. Anyway, even though we only use one TV, he had to buy another PS3 for himself last night, after watching me play NBA 2k11 for 3 weeks. So now there are 2 PS3s under our TV.

Case 2: My younger sister who also lives with me has always had a fascination with Final Fantasy 7 ever since I played it 12 odd years ago. Recently, when I started playing it again, she would always watch until I get tired (even at midnight). For the past week, she has been asking if she could try playing it, but I merely said "you wouldn't understand the game, forget it". She has resented me ever since.

Case 3: I made a blueberry cheesecake and some chocolate chip cookies that I actually sell as a side job. My dad, who is very fat and has diabetes, wanted to eat some. I told him he can't, and I decided to eat it all in front of him.

Am I a bad person?

Case 1: I'm not going to sugar-coat things, I think you're bad, petty, and frankly, it was a stupid thing to do. Because of the TV situation, both PS3s can't be used at the same time. Instead of making him buy a PS3, you could have used gaming as an excuse to get back on speaking terms, and then that $300 could have gotten 5 more games for you both to enjoy. You both lost out from that.

Case 2: I'd need one more piece of information before I judge- how old is your sister? If she's 6, then, while harsh, it gives her a needed dose of reality and a check. If she's even 10, then you're again being bad, and should let her play. FF7's not that hard of a game to understand.

Case 3: Not giving him the sweets is the correct thing to do. But, to eat them in front of him instead of selling them is, again, well... see what I said about number 1. You lost the revenue from them, all for your petty action.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

Didn't you also cheated on your girlfriend?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Didn't you also cheated on your girlfriend?

yeah and his thread started with the words "the situation is neither bad nor sad".

A bad person? No. A bit mean and selfish - yes.

I don't know why you would go to the trouble of hiding your controllers after playing or why you would refuse to talk to your brother, if you don't want him living in your house tell him that and explain why!

As for refusing to let your sister play FF7 -- you should let her play the game. It won't hurt anybody and i don't see how anyone benefits from you being so cruel.

And your father -- yea i get that he is diabetic and cannot eat any of the cake, but to eat it in front of him... you do realize that it was a mean act and that he you should be trying to encourage and support a healthy diet and lifestyle if you want to make it easier for him to manage his diabetes.  

bugrimmar said:

geez, i really am a bad guy. >< well i realized that already prior to making this post. it's just that he had to go and buy a ps3 for himself that made me understand what i've been doing to people around the house. actually i only found out about it when my sister asked me:

"where is your FF7 CD",

and i replied "there is no CD, why?"

she said "i'm going to play it with <brother's> ps3"

i said "what ps3?"

she said "that one" and pointed towards another one right beside mine.

man, i felt like shit.

Around the Network
toru_bozu said:

I felt sorry for your brother...

What did you say!?

(My humor is wasted with this one, I know.)

bugrimmar said:

Case 1: My older brother has been living in the same house as me for the past year, and throughout that year, I have never let him play with my PS3 even once. Well, it's not a case of me telling him not to.. it's because we're sort of not on speaking terms and I hide my controllers after I play. Anyway, even though we only use one TV, he had to buy another PS3 for himself last night, after watching me play NBA 2k11 for 3 weeks. So now there are 2 PS3s under our TV.

the other two are understandable but thats pretty bad.

Just let him play on the freaking ps3!!!

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

I'd say this is an opportunity. One to resolve things with your brother. Ask why he got one and talk it out, hiding feelings and disputes is never good. I'm not going to pry into why you aren't happy with him and still letting him live in your house but at least get with the talking.

Your sister though, let her play it, infact make it up to her by buying her another copy for her own (disc based) and a PS2 to play it on and let her have fun. It's her choice after all.

Of course, I'm some that gets on with all my siblings so can't understand disputes between them really. I know they happen as I have friends who don't like their brothers and sisters but I'm not like that.

Hmm, pie.

i'm confused do you live in the phillipines with your brother and sister?

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

i'm confused do you live in the phillipines with your brother and sister?

yes i do. we're from england but i run a small school over here so my brother and sister decided to just come and live over here. anyway.. i got it, i'm a douche. haha. but still i don't see how to remedy the situation. the second ps3 is already there. meh.