By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I a bad person?

Your 25 and still living at home?  I owned my first home by that point in time.  "because he's a freeloader."  Sounds to me like your one as well.  

I would certainly put you out on your ass if you were to do me like you did your father.  I suppose he pays the bills and brought you up yet you have that little respect for him?  You could have given the man a small piece, after all he wasn't asking for the entire thing was he?

I can understand someone wanting to take care of their stuff and not wanting someone to damage it.  But to hide your controller and not let your brother play a game is sad.  I guess if you were my brother and did such things I wouldn't talk to you either.  I don't know if your wanting people to reassure you that this is ok and normal, but its not.  Like others have said you should just lighten up a little.

Life is what you make of it, and if you keep doing these type of things there is one thing I can guarantee you will happen and that is you will end up old and lonely with no one caring about you.  Make amends with your brother while there is still time and for gods sake don't be an evil bastard, let your sister play the game if she wants too.  You can still be a better person and not a jackass.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

er... it's my house. my brother wanted to cut expenses so he proposed to share expenses in one house. my sister is still a dependent. my parents don't live with me... they're halfway across the world in england most of the time. i run a business in the philippines.

and no, i'm not looking for approval. i just didn't realize i'm such a douche until now. i just wanted your opinion.

I'm not here to judge anyone and so I won't say if you are a bad person or not.  However, I would have handled all three situations differently.

bugrimmar said:

er... it's my house. my brother wanted to cut expenses so he proposed to share expenses in one house. my sister is still a dependent. my parents don't live with me... they're halfway across the world in england most of the time. i run a business in the philippines.

and no, i'm not looking for approval. i just didn't realize i'm such a douche until now. i just wanted your opinion.

Why did you call your brother a freeloader if he shares the bills then?  It just sounded like you guys still lived at home with mom and pops.  So if that isn't the case sorry.  But it seemed a bit fishy.

Nevermind where you live or who you live with.  Just make amends and try to ease up a little.  I read a few reports a while back that people who are happy, social, friendly, and outgoing live longer and more productive lives than those who do not.  I am not saying that your a prude or anything like that but just keep that in mind.   Since you are asking these questions, I can assume that you are thinking about trying to do better.  I wish you luck...

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

You sound like an ass.

Around the Network

Purely Evil!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Hey this reminded me of a thread i've made which is kinda the same, but is more assholish and had nothing to do with games.

yes you are an asshole my friend.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

You're not a bad person, but you need to pull your act together and get your priorities straight. All those three things were pretty mean.

Ask yourself, what did you gain from doing these things? I don't know your family, so I can't give you a clear answer, but to me, it seems like the only thing you succeeded at was make people you're close to resent you.

Now ask yourself, what do you want to feel like? Do you want to feel bad? Keep going. Do you want to feel good? Apologize and do something about it. Talk to the people you have hurt, and work it out, be honest with them and yourself.

bugrimmar said:

Case 1: My older brother has been living in the same house as me for the past year, and throughout that year, I have never let him play with my PS3 even once. Well, it's not a case of me telling him not to.. it's because we're sort of not on speaking terms and I hide my controllers after I play. Anyway, even though we only use one TV, he had to buy another PS3 for himself last night, after watching me play NBA 2k11 for 3 weeks. So now there are 2 PS3s under our TV.

Case 2: My younger sister who also lives with me has always had a fascination with Final Fantasy 7 ever since I played it 12 odd years ago. Recently, when I started playing it again, she would always watch until I get tired (even at midnight). For the past week, she has been asking if she could try playing it, but I merely said "you wouldn't understand the game, forget it". She has resented me ever since.

Case 3: I made a blueberry cheesecake and some chocolate chip cookies that I actually sell as a side job. My dad, who is very fat and has diabetes, wanted to eat some. I told him he can't, and I decided to eat it all in front of him.

Am I a bad person?

for a day or two, try saying yes to anything. see what happens

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I come from a home of divorce and hated and didn't speak to my dad for years. I also did not get along with my mother and when she remarried I actually called up a social worker and asked the Government to put me in foster care. I really disliked my parents a ton for various reasons.

Anyways when I approached 18 years old I was getting along better with my mom as she lived a great distance away. I also forgave my dad and started talking to him again. Today I share expenses with my dad because neither of us make enough to survive on our own.

In the end I now have a great relationship with my sister , mother and dad. All it took was me being the bigger man. Sure I could have remained angry at them and continued to treat them the way they had treated me. But in the end if you just allow hatred and anger to rule your life you'll never get anywhere.

I also have a freeloader cousin who never pays for anything. He's 19 and he moved down to my city. He decided to go live with my grandparents. He doesn't pay rent or food and doesn't look for a job. He always asks people to buy him stuff including me. Of course last year I finally had it and I stuck my foot down. But you know what that just messed alot of stuff up.

However both himself and I talked it out since and he agreed never to ask me for anymore money or to buy him anything else. I agreed to talk to him again and he comes over to play games all the time. In the end I suggest you treat your brother like I did my cousin. Sure he freeloads just stick your foot down and say I won't give you anymore money.

If he's not taking your money and is actually sharing the bills. Then he's not really freeloading off of you. Also since you have not mentioned a wife maybe he is lonely at his own house? I know I would hate to live alone maybe he wants to be with you and his sis.

In the end family is very important and you shouldn't treat them like trash. I always play games with my younger sister and I even try to get my dad to play my games with me. I try to give everyone a chance to play. Also my mom has diabetes too, I try not to eat sugary items infront of her and if I do I usually let her have a small piece since her sugar levels won't go insaine over a small piece of cake. Maybe even just a bite.

It seems you don't know how to show compassion to other people. Just think what if my brother or sister or dad did treated me this way. If you wouldn't like to be treated that way then don't treat others that way! Love your neighbour as yourself as the famous saying goes!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer