By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Blizzard has fallen

Blizzard was at the peak when they released W3:tft... from that point on  they went downhill. WoW, the cancelation of Ghost and their new release strategies... they are just not what they used to be IMO.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Blizzard was at the peak when they released W3:tft... from that point on  they went downhill. WoW, the cancelation of Ghost and their new release strategies... they are just not what they used to be IMO.

lol, so you think WoW is a black mark on Blizzard and a bad game?

It's the best game they've ever made times 10.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CDiablo said:

To be honest I would say that Valve or Relic are better PC devs, but Bliz is still PC exclusive which is nice. TBH I just cant support the 3 games thing, and its laughable that it will be 18 months till the Zerg campaign. To make 30 odd missions and add (most likely) 3 new units balance should not take that long. In the course of a year I expect a new race all together(not that I think SC needs one, this is for time reference) campaign.

Valve and Relic have both made several PC exclusives this gen.

I loved Diablo I and I finished Diablo II (although I didn't replay it as I still do with 1).

I was hyped for Diablo III but there are things that bug me. Thankfully I got Torchlight and Love the game, and having some of the developers behind Diablo in this I say thay did a great job and I'm more Hyped for Torchlight II than Diablo III.

As for RTS I'm thinking of Getting Dawn of War II, I'm not into SC2

I honestly expected Diablo 3 to be what D2 was to D1, and that's  a full sequel. I expected D3 to pretty much double what D2 had (For example character types/classes). I want to know more about the game and I hope it gets rid of that horrid "Warcraft" feeling because I never liked Warcaft (except for DOTA for a while then it got old). I wonder how the final build will be... But so far I am getting tired of Blizz when it comes to making their recent games. I hope D3 will be a complete package and not "purposely" make expansions for the sake of extra cash. I wouldn't mind one expansion but if it literally doesnt double what D3 has or increase the content by a large margin, I feel Blizzard will fail someday as a company.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Yea, after reading some responses it is apparent that I have changed my tastes.  I was a little hyped for SC2 but after fooling around with the beta I didn't see it warrant my purchase.  Perhaps I will give it a try when it goes on sale / discount.  Didn't they take the chat feature out of SC2 on battle net?  Sure it isn't needed but it was fun to go into chat channels and bs around with people. So I guess my taste have changed but they have done a few things in recent years that haven't helped me love them as much as I used to.

Some recent Blizzard blunders that had me starting to have negative feelings towards them include splitting SC2 into 3 parts (sure I'll take some of your word that they needed more missions but they could have just included more in the original release 20 per race then had 10-20 missions per race in the expansion), scrapping Starcraft Ghost (the game looked nice and seemed like it was going to be a very good game for the consoles), trying to implement real id on their forums (whoever thought of that should have been fired, was nice to see Blizzard community take arms against such a stupid idea), and threatening to ban people that backstab on SC2 (if they didn't want you to do it make the alliances locked permanently, sure I might have been an asshole during SC1 backstabbing people on vs comp games but it was hilarious).

SC1 has 30 missions, BW has 28. SC2 has 29, and it is far more interesting as a whole. What you're asking for is for them to have released a sequel with twice the content. In today's market, no one does that. Not Blizzard, not Nintendo, not Sony, no one. It's unrealistic to expect otherwise. Try calling up/writing to Nintendo and saying "By the way, instead of releasing your next 2 mario games separately, can you just make 1 with 20 worlds?" They wanted to create a deeper experience, and to do that, they need more missions.

Ghost isn't scrapped per se, but it may never be completed. They say time and time again that they can pick it up again if they decide to. Maybe consoles aren't up to par with what they want from the game? I don't know though.

Real ID is okay, but yeah, trying to force it was no good.

What do u mean threatening to ban people that backstab? Since one week after release at least (when I bought the game), in team games, alliances ARE locked, you can't just un-ally your team during game. But some people grief, they'll either do nothing, or make units and attack their ally. That just ruins the game, and such players should be banned (or warned and then banned really). That said, I was lurking the forums pretty hardcore at Blizzard and I never heard about this.

@r505Matt, well I didn't know you couldn't unally but I assumed you could if playing a melee game.  Of corse even in SC1 you couldn't unally if playing teams game but most people played melee even with vs comp games.  In the melee game you could unally since you weren't even allied to begin with.   Here is the article so I just assumed you could unally perhaps in melee. 

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81077/backstab-in-starcraft-ii-thats-a-ban/

I understand where you are coming from about single player.  I am not asking for double the content.  I am just asking for a release of full version and expansion.  I can handle 1 expansion but when they split it into three parts, it seems greedy to me.  You can cover a lot with 10-15 mission per race.  You don't need 20-30 missions each race to tell a story.  I think Blizzard has become more greedy and greedy as time has gone by.  They expect their fans to buy their games no matter what and they realize hell if we can just release 3 instead of 2 then might as well.  Next it will be 4 or 5 versions of game you have to buy. 

Also just wonder how you think real id is okay?  Anyone can pull up anything if your real name is exposed on internet.  A Blizzard employee dared people to try and find out his information trying to support real id and about hour or so later a person called them at work (at Blizzard) with his address, family names, etc.... 

Buzzi said:

I loved Starcraft, never played Diablo but played WoW for quite a bit. I played SC2 for 2 hours before stopping and give away it. And after trying Guild Wars WoW seems just an extremely overstimated game...really, I don't think Blizzard is a bad developer, they're one of the greatest for PC gaming. Just that they're not perfect as some people want to believe...Starcraft 2 to me seems pathetic compared to other RTS...ok, nostalgia factor, but how about bringing in something really new into the formula?

The formula was perfect. The issue with SC2 is that it is not enough like BW. They dumbed down many aspects of BW into SC2.

I LOVE ICELAND!

sethnintendo said:

I can go on and on about how Blizzard doesn't feel the same to me but perhaps my taste have changed (or perhaps Blizzard has failed to come up with something original in 8 plus years).

Although i don't think blizzard has fallen in quality i will agree with you on that they haven't had any new ideas since WoW.

You can really see this when you notice they made all of there franchises in the 90s and haven't made any new IPs in over 10 years.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

I'm getting WoW: Cataclysm at midnight.

I'm camping for days for D3.

Nuff said.