By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes, No More Customers, No More Sales.

well atleast its doing better then killer 7

Around the Network

This is fucking heartbreaking. I would have punched my own dog for a chance to be there to get this game autographed by Suda.

I'm seriously mad at the Japanese gamers right now. They don't deserve to be called "gamers" anymore if they let this game slip by like they apparently have. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Words Of Wisdom said:
No More Heroes toilet paper was a stupid idea anyway.

No way.  I can't believe I didn't have the chance to get such toilet paper...I hope they try some promoting in America as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well, i think this game will reach atleast 300k in it's lifetime if not more.

It would be a real shame for this to complely bomb. The originality of the bosses alone is good enough reason for purchase :P

BenKenobi88 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
No More Heroes toilet paper was a stupid idea anyway.

No way.  I can't believe I didn't have the chance to get such toilet paper...I hope they try some promoting in America as well.

I'll preorder today if the preorder bonus is a roll of NMH toilet paper.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
Japan as a whole has changed. No matter where you release your games (Wii/360/ps3), they will most likely bomb.

Just look at the number of games like Uncharted, heavenly sword or any 360 game... this is not Wii/Nintendo's fault.

They just want other kind of games

Yeah , Japan went over a weird transformation ... I really dont know what happened to it , it became extremly casual , and only few hardcore games are still excepted ( DQ , FF , MH ) and they are mostly RPGs :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

And RPGs are mostly casual games anyway, especially turn-based ones which require no reflex to succeed at.

Not trying to piss off RPG fans here, but you have to agree that TB-RPGs are the "softest" of all hardcore gaming. 

so did they sell 10k copies or what I don't see any numbers mentioned in the link.........

Smash_Brother said:

And RPGs are mostly casual games anyway, especially turn-based ones which require no reflex to succeed at.

Not trying to piss off RPG fans here, but you have to agree that TB-RPGs are the "softest" of all hardcore gaming. 

Nope.

Dragon Quest is about as "hardcore" as video games come, period.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said: Nope.

Dragon Quest is about as "hardcore" as video games come, period.

As long as you can spend more time to increase the abilities of your character while not needing to increase personal skill, it won't be terribly "hardcore".

And since it'll come up, I define "hardcore" as games which challenge the player with tests of speed and reflex. Any game which is menu driven and has no urgency placed upon the player just doesn't classify in my book.