By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes, No More Customers, No More Sales.

If that's the case then casual is just an insult, since it clearly doesn't resemble any use of the English word. Sorry but no, this stupid casual vs. hardcore war needs to die, people can't be grouping everything left and right for their personal agendas. I'll be damned if people take my RPGs down with them in this petty fight.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
If that's the case then casual is just an insult, since it clearly doesn't resemble any use of the English word. Sorry but no, this stupid casual vs. hardcore war needs to die. I'll be damned if people take my RPGs down with them in this petty fight.

I suppose I'm not being fair to the genre because there's one aspect of this which I don't think I've included in my definition and that is the micromanagement and complex story most RPGs offer. To my knowledge, casuals aren't going to be able to have either the attention span or the focus to wrap their heads around these facets of the genre.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

allstarr35 said:
so did they sell 10k copies or what I don't see any numbers mentioned in the link.........

yes they sold 10k in the first day

dschumm said:
He is out signing the game for the same reaon a lot of small time people do that yes I said it.

I worked in a bookstore getting authors in. Sometimes we got a ton of people sometimes not. Sometimes authors were so small time they would just come in our store and pick up the 2 copies of their book and sign them.

They are doing the same thing as small bands selling tapes out of the back of their station wagon.

Many Wii fans have been pushing this as a major 3rd party title. It just isn't.

It may not be a major 3rd party title at this point, but I have a feeling that upon its release, as long as it all came together to make a good experience, you're going to see some pretty impressive numbers here.  This isn't Zack and Wiki, where it looks like a little kid's game.  It is going to have mainstream appeal I think, and I'm hoping it makes him a good amount of money.

Sounds like the Wii has some people scared?

Will No More Heroes do well in Japan? Who knows, its not a typical genre game but I'd error on the side of caution in not expecting too much of this game over all in sales.

Around the Network

Japanese Wii owners don't have a choice, not to buy Wii Sports. It comes bundled with the Wii, so that does not count. Plus, Japanese Wii owners buy far more games, other than Wii Fit, and Super Mario Galaxy. I have no idea what gave you these ideas.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Japanese Wii owners don't have a choice, not to buy Wii Sports. It comes bundled with the Wii, so that does not count. Plus, Japanese Wii owners buy far more games, other than Wii Fit, and Super Mario Galaxy. I have no idea what gave you these ideas.

I hope you're just mis-stating this because you should know by now that Japan does not bundle wii sports.  Sales of that game is because people want it.  And it has a pretty good attach rate too there.

Really? That's interesting... I've always wondered why the number of Wii Sports sold, did not match the number of Wii consoles sold. Why would you want to buy Wii Sports, or Wii Play? They are more like demos, than full games.

cause its japan?

Wow omg alex why are you ALWAYS sooo late to the party?

Just lol...!!!