By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes, No More Customers, No More Sales.

mrstickball said:
Port it over to X360 and PS3. Maybe it'll sell then.

A port to the 360 would sell i think, but probably just about the same as on the wii.

But on the same subject why (if it's easy to port games) do developers not port most of their games to every console they can? In this case why wouldn't they put no more heroes on PS3 and 360? even if they didn't sell much on those consoles they would most likely sell enough to make up the cost of porting them (it can't cost that much to port the game). just wondering.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Port it over to X360 and PS3. Maybe it'll sell then.

nah i dont think it will do any better on those,and also this game uses the wii-mote alot which might not be to fun on the other consoles

People

No More Heroes was not expected to do well in Japan. As has been previously noted, Killer 7 did not do well in Japan. It appears to be targeted toward American fans of that style of game (and I hope they release it in Europe too for the PAL-land people here as well who would be happy to purchase and play).

Japan's market has become different. But buy exporting, developers who have a vision different than the mass market there can still flurish.

Mike from Morganton.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

^yeah i think it will do best in the US and i hope it does good

a.l.e.x59 said:

Sure, Wii Play is bundled with the Wii remote, but Wii Sports is bundled with the Wii itself... Well, at least in regions, other than Japan. Is Wii Play bundled with the Wii remote in Japan too, or no? Personally, Wii Sports is nothing more than a demo. I sold my copy for $5, and it got 77% on Game Rankings, which is nothing to be proud of. Oh well, if you like, you like it.

So if game rankings disagrees with your taste in games you follow game rankings rather than just play games you enjoy? Oh wow.

dlundh

Fair and Balanced - Casual Gamer Extraordinaire

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Smash_Brother said:
ClaudeLv250 said: Nope.

Dragon Quest is about as "hardcore" as video games come, period.

As long as you can spend more time to increase the abilities of your character while not needing to increase personal skill, it won't be terribly "hardcore".

And since it'll come up, I define "hardcore" as games which challenge the player with tests of speed and reflex. Any game which is menu driven and has no urgency placed upon the player just doesn't classify in my book.

spending hours grinding at a game is basically the definition of Hardcore.  There are few acts more hardcore then "Level Grinding"

its sad to say but super monkey ball: banana blitz must be hardcore for the reason you are stating then. if not then your reasoning is wrong about hardcore's

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

StarcraftManiac said:

Oh crap: The pics that come with the link aren't really helpin... U guys are right, what a bommer...

Lots of Nintendo fans are cursing the Wii's casual and minigame crap but aren't buying No more heroes...

I hate those guys that keep screaming they want better, more original games and don't buy em!

Fok that, im gonna buy this one, For sure!

AMEN! It's why I support new IP's whenever they spark even a small interest. Zack and Wiki, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Folklore & soon to be No More Heroes just to name a few recent ones.

scorptile said:

its sad to say but super monkey ball: banana blitz must be hardcore for the reason you are stating then. if not then your reasoning is wrong about hardcore's

I'd say it does a good job walking the line.

The game has a lot of party games in it which anyone could play, but unlocking the master levels was goddamn impossible and DEFINITELY classifies as hardcore.

It isn't a black and white issue. Many games can be both at the same time, like how Wii Sports appeals to everyone but hardcore players can do things like get platinum medals on all the challenges, bowl a perfect game, etc. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

If the North American version of NMH allows you to turn off/reduce the gore/blood, I'll gladly get it. Otherwise, I won't touch it.

By the way, Wii Sports, whether you like it or not, is pretty much now considered one of the biggest games in years, joining the likes of GTA, Nintendogs or Halo.  It's the main reason to own "x" console for the Wii.  Just like some people don't like Wii Sports, some don't like other big game series as well, just remember that. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

It bombed in Japan and it will bomb in North America and Europe. Wii third party support sucks lets just accept it and move on.