By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No More Heroes, No More Customers, No More Sales.

No More Heroes, No More Customers, No More Sales, No More Games. Face it: Japanese Wii owners buy Wii Sports, Wii Fit and maybe Super Mario Galaxy. That's about it, really! So, when a third party company releases something that, well, isn't any of those three, what happens? Not much. That's No More Heroes executive producer and Harvest Moon creator Yasuhiro Wada and No More Heroes and Killer 7 creator Goichi Suda hoping to give out toilet paper and hoping to sign copies of NMH. Thing is, after twenty minutes of Suda and Wada standing in front of Akihabara's Sofmap, nobody bought the game. Keep in mind, that not only two well-known game creators were giving out toilet paper, but there was also a woman in a mini-skirt (that, after the jump). Talk about a tough crowd! Japanese game press like IT Media, GA Graphic and Famitsu were at the bust of an event and didn't have any customers to photograph at the launch. According to Akiba Blog, a staffer from Famitsu publisher Enterbrain apparently went and bought a copy of No More Heroes for Wada and Suda to sign. Regardless of what you think of No More Heroes, stuff like this isn't just sad for Suda and co., but for Wii owners ultimately. No More Heroes isn't your typical Wii game, and it seems to be getting punished for that. Hope it does better in the States — for the Wii's sake. http://kotaku.com/gaming/suda51/mini+skirt-or-not-no-more-customers-331771.php Someone help Nintendo's 3rd party in Japan, I know console is almost dead in Japan, but we really need to support 3rd party, since Nintendo isn't focus western audience (http://kotaku.com/gaming/george-harrison/nintendo-has-no-plans-for-more-western-talent-328250.php), or else there will be no more games except Nintendo's games, someone really need to change the market!

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

Hmm... Well, meh. Japans weird. Im sure the game will do well in the USA (maybe EU, but im still pissed off that its being censored here!)

Wii in Japan just has different demographics than NMH

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I would have bought this game if it weren't gimped in europe.

Japan am fail.

Around the Network

can he come to the sates?-i am so buying this game here

Japan as a whole has changed. No matter where you release your games (Wii/360/ps3), they will most likely bomb.

Just look at the number of games like Uncharted, heavenly sword or any 360 game... this is not Wii/Nintendo's fault.

They just want other kind of games

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Japan is a strange market, almost every single game released this gen has sold significantly less than most expected!
I think they're waiting for better prices and more software over there, as am I...

You are talking crap here.

Remember Killer 7, the spiritual predecessor of No More Heroes? It released on the Gamecube and the Playstation, and it had lifetime sales of... about 30k on both platforms combined.
First day sales of No More Heroes are 10k iirc, so it has a shot at outselling Killer 7 although it launched to a drastically smaller userbase.

This has nothing to do with the Wii's demographics nor with a change of the japanese market in recent years; such games never sold well in Japan and they are very likely continuing to do so.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Maybe it will take some years until a new generation of hardcore gamers reignite the "classic gaming " in Japan .....until then the numbers will be lower than some years before and casual gaming with the DS and Wii will be the driving force of the industry .I still hope there are still enough hardcore gamers out there to push the PS3 into the 15-20 Million consoles and secure a market for hardcore gaming and deep and complex games .