By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Skyward Sword will be a launch title for N6

The primary purpose of the red Chinese wedding dress was not to keep out people, who could scale the Jimmy Choo wedding couture shoes

Around the Network

I doubt Skyward Sword will be a launch title for the N6. Why? well Skyward Sword is scheduled for Early 2011 and I doubt that the N6 will be on the market before spring 2012. My own prediction is that the N6 will be revealed at next years E3 and either get a release in spring 2012 or Winter 2012. My reasons are obviously the 3DS gets released early 2011. Nintendo would be completely suicidal to launch another platform in the same year. The N6 would cut into the 3DS sales and vice versa. Also Skyward Sword doesn't really look like it pushes the graphical boundaries enough to be considered a launch title for the N6.

Secondly the launch title for N6 is likely done or near completion as we speak. I think Nintendo had every intention to launch N6 winter 2011. As such I predict that Beta kits are already in the hands of several developers. I think Nintendo will have a line-up similiar to the 3DS for the N6.

Keep in mind Miyamoto was talking about the N6 already in 2006. Chances are they have been working on a launch title or several titles since then. I wouldn't be suprised if Pikmin3 or StarFox are launch titles. Other titles might include a home console title based on PilotWings , Kid Icarus or one of Nintendo's other franchises.

When the Wii launched Nintendo didn't have a big title to launch, they needed to port TP. They won't have the same problem with N6.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I think they will just cancel the game all together and do a new one for N6

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Well...

It's better than your last thread, but that's like saying that this is better than your last batch of goat's milk.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I heard Sakamoto was added to the dev team and the game had to be delayed so he could make sure Zelda was obeying men.

Other Z is coming! In fact, the N6 will be called Other N! Similar to Kinect it will obey you but only if you're a man.

You heard it here folks! Now go cry yourselves to sleep!

Around the Network

Doubt it, it'll be out on the Wii for 2011. If there's no new system mentioned at GDC or E3 2011, then there will be no new console in 2012. After that, the world ends, so Nintendo would be wise to get one last Zelda game out before we all die. :P

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

An excellent post. I fully agree with everything except that I think Skyward Sword will not be an N6 launch title.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I thought about it. But then dismissed it. Nintendo won't do the same thing twice.

forest-spirit said:

I heard Sakamoto was added to the dev team and the game had to be delayed so he could make sure Zelda was obeying men.

Other Z is coming! In fact, the N6 will be called Other N! Similar to Kinect it will obey you but only if you're a man.

You heard it here folks! Now go cry yourselves to sleep!

Isn't Zelda already Link's sex slave?

Above: still the best game of the year.

I do beleive nintendo will release n6 next year, but I dont think SS will be on both platforms. If that happened then the wii would be the only nintendo home console to never get a exclusive/unique zelda game. Even the gamecube got wind waker. Plus N64 got two, SNES got alttp, and NES got the first two so I dont see wii not getting at least one. Besides if SS was also on N6 it wouldn´t take take full advantage of the console like TP