By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Skyward Sword will be a launch title for N6

No.

And Nintendo will focus 2011 on 3DS,

if there wasn't 3DS Nintendo could release the N6.

But 3DS exist, so no N6 next year.

Around the Network

This is stupid.

Wii is still selling better/as good as others.

Wii will dominate the holidays again with WiiParty as well as other games launching.

Wii still has mucho $$ it could drop to help spur even further sales.

Nintendo is releasing 3DS early 2011 so it makes NO sense to also release a new home console in 2011. It takes a lot of resources to kick off a new product and doing two major releases is just bad business.

N6 won't be spoken of until late 2011 or E3 2012 along with other nextGen hardware as I've always proclaimed.

There is so much more you can do on Wii

My guess is you're half right. Nintendo will release skyward sword in the holiday of 2011. They will not release Wii 2 at the same time. Q1 2012 or Holiday 2012 for that, given that Nintendo will want to bust its ass to provide enough supply for N6, so they're not going to stretch their resources on what will also be the 3DS's first holiday season

Also Dragon Quest X, which will likely be the only thing keeping Japan from absolutely needing a new console after Last Story hits

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

N---O 

Nintendo wouldn't do that to us again. If nintendo were to launch Skyward Sword on the 'N6', then it would have to be delayed till the end of next year, because inevitably that would be the earliest the console would be released... and they aren't that cruel. Are they? 

Around the Network

Geez.. Roll gets 1 good thread in 6 months and now he's overconfident.....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

well, I think it will become a 3DS exclusive. And This would be the first console I bought launch day.

The idea here offends me and enrages me.

But it also worries me, because I had the same thoughts occuring to me.

No, I'll go ahead and assume that this will be more like Majora's Mask, releasing late in the Wii's life. N6's Zelda will come a year or two after that system launches.

They said early 2011

I don't think it will, but then again I would have said the same thing concerning Twillight Princess and the then called 'revolution' and we all know what happened there