By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Skyward Sword will be a launch title for N6

Oh man!

N6 will be way more powerful compared to Wii, than Wii to GC, that's a given, isn't it?

So NOOO, SS will not be launch title like TP, forget it. Wii TP had the new control style, the graphixs were more or less the same, that's easy to include.

For N6-SS the whole graphixs engine would have to be different, it's like building the game from ground up, just leaving the control style (if N6 would have WMplus).

Ahhhhh,

it's just dump, sorry dude.

Around the Network

Thinking twice...

Ninty will probably re-release SS in some way, to get more money out of it. HD-re-release, 3DS-re-release, new-control-re-release...

I really love Ninty, but that's the way to make money...

Soriku said:
Mr Khan said:

My guess is you're half right. Nintendo will release skyward sword in the holiday of 2011. They will not release Wii 2 at the same time. Q1 2012 or Holiday 2012 for that, given that Nintendo will want to bust its ass to provide enough supply for N6, so they're not going to stretch their resources on what will also be the 3DS's first holiday season

Also Dragon Quest X, which will likely be the only thing keeping Japan from absolutely needing a new console after Last Story hits

Aonuma said they're aiming for an early 2011 release. They already told us it could've come out this year. Don't see why they'd take more than a year to get it out...

Also I believe this thread is a success.

I'm thinking crowding, primarily. What about 3DS, what about Ocarina of Time 3DS? It'll make more sense to leave that as a holiday keystone title, and not get it crowded out

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i think the reason the chances go from slim to absolutely zero are the following:

TP was easily ported to wii due to same architecture, at wii launch, cube tech wasnt too dated and thats why nintendo went that road. As a result, a benefit was that it took no time to make a cube game , a wii one, takes no cost nor effort(wii play metroid 1, 2, and ports).

To asume next wii , nintendo, to use still 2k4s architecture of cube is a bit ludicrous.If not impossible.Nintendo wont be the next gen console on a chipset as limited as cubes-wiis.It would double their production costs for one game, making it a what, a 40 million investment?see the issue.Why?they would have to restart the programming from scratch.

Therefore it would prohibitely cost too much to be doable.Basically, if you expect it, you expect next wii to use similar to wii  cpu and gpu, and i think nintendo wont do this again(they stated that with 3ds, they didnt want devs to complain about lack of power as they did with wii,so they made sure it had power-iwata said it himself).Chances:0%.

superchunk said:

This is stupid.

Wii is still selling better/as good as others.

Wii will dominate the holidays again with WiiParty as well as other games launching.

Wii still has mucho $$ it could drop to help spur even further sales.

For funsies, replace "Wii" with "DS," and "Wii Party" with "Pokemon Black/White."

No seriously, try it!

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
superchunk said:

This is stupid.

Wii will dominate the holidays again with WiiParty as well as other games launching.

For funsies, replace "Wii" with "DS," and "Wii Party" with "Pokemon Black/White."

No seriously, try it!

You can't do that as there is no other console launching just before the 3DS. (notice you left that out of my quote)

superchunk said:
noname2200 said:
superchunk said:

This is stupid.

No seriously, try it!

You can't do that as there is no other console launching just before the 3DS. (notice you left that out of my quote)

I left it out because it's a non-factor.  Other companies have released systems shortly before Nintendo released its own, and Nintendo itself has released two systems within a year of each other (Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64).

oK ... you where high when u wrote this so...so....

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Nintendo will use 2011 to consolidate the 3DS platform. They don't want the 3DS to loose steam due to an imminent release of another Nintendo machine. For this reason, N6 will be released by the end of 2012. However, I believe N6 will be retro-compatible with the Wii and, as such, it will be able to play Skyward Sword.

Quick reasons it cannot happen:

N6 will be much stronger than Wii. Unless they want to go then entire gen without a Wii Zelda, they will not upscale it graphically for the new system. Ninty is still working on a few Wii games and Zelda is already near completion.

June 2011 is the latest you can expect a release, while a new Ninty console is still a ways off. Wii has only had one price cut. When the second one comes, we can speculate further. An N6 will probably pull a 3DS and release Q1 2012.

The Well has run dry on Wii support, and Ninty only expected a 5 year gen. While that makes a Q4 release look likely fo an N6, market leader status delays things a bit.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."