Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Skyward Sword will be a launch title for N6

An excellent post. I fully agree with everything except that I think Skyward Sword will not be an N6 launch title.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I thought about it. But then dismissed it. Nintendo won't do the same thing twice.

forest-spirit said:

I heard Sakamoto was added to the dev team and the game had to be delayed so he could make sure Zelda was obeying men.

Other Z is coming! In fact, the N6 will be called Other N! Similar to Kinect it will obey you but only if you're a man.

You heard it here folks! Now go cry yourselves to sleep!

Isn't Zelda already Link's sex slave?

Above: still the best game of the year.

I do beleive nintendo will release n6 next year, but I dont think SS will be on both platforms. If that happened then the wii would be the only nintendo home console to never get a exclusive/unique zelda game. Even the gamecube got wind waker. Plus N64 got two, SNES got alttp, and NES got the first two so I dont see wii not getting at least one. Besides if SS was also on N6 it wouldn´t take take full advantage of the console like TP

Oh man!

N6 will be way more powerful compared to Wii, than Wii to GC, that's a given, isn't it?

So NOOO, SS will not be launch title like TP, forget it. Wii TP had the new control style, the graphixs were more or less the same, that's easy to include.

For N6-SS the whole graphixs engine would have to be different, it's like building the game from ground up, just leaving the control style (if N6 would have WMplus).

Ahhhhh,

it's just dump, sorry dude.

Around the Network

Thinking twice...

Ninty will probably re-release SS in some way, to get more money out of it. HD-re-release, 3DS-re-release, new-control-re-release...

I really love Ninty, but that's the way to make money...

Soriku said:
Mr Khan said:

My guess is you're half right. Nintendo will release skyward sword in the holiday of 2011. They will not release Wii 2 at the same time. Q1 2012 or Holiday 2012 for that, given that Nintendo will want to bust its ass to provide enough supply for N6, so they're not going to stretch their resources on what will also be the 3DS's first holiday season

Also Dragon Quest X, which will likely be the only thing keeping Japan from absolutely needing a new console after Last Story hits

Aonuma said they're aiming for an early 2011 release. They already told us it could've come out this year. Don't see why they'd take more than a year to get it out...

Also I believe this thread is a success.

I'm thinking crowding, primarily. What about 3DS, what about Ocarina of Time 3DS? It'll make more sense to leave that as a holiday keystone title, and not get it crowded out

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i think the reason the chances go from slim to absolutely zero are the following:

TP was easily ported to wii due to same architecture, at wii launch, cube tech wasnt too dated and thats why nintendo went that road. As a result, a benefit was that it took no time to make a cube game , a wii one, takes no cost nor effort(wii play metroid 1, 2, and ports).

To asume next wii , nintendo, to use still 2k4s architecture of cube is a bit ludicrous.If not impossible.Nintendo wont be the next gen console on a chipset as limited as cubes-wiis.It would double their production costs for one game, making it a what, a 40 million investment?see the issue.Why?they would have to restart the programming from scratch.

Therefore it would prohibitely cost too much to be doable.Basically, if you expect it, you expect next wii to use similar to wii  cpu and gpu, and i think nintendo wont do this again(they stated that with 3ds, they didnt want devs to complain about lack of power as they did with wii,so they made sure it had power-iwata said it himself).Chances:0%.

superchunk said:

This is stupid.

Wii is still selling better/as good as others.

Wii will dominate the holidays again with WiiParty as well as other games launching.

Wii still has mucho $$ it could drop to help spur even further sales.

For funsies, replace "Wii" with "DS," and "Wii Party" with "Pokemon Black/White."

No seriously, try it!

noname2200 said:
superchunk said:

This is stupid.

Wii is still selling better/as good as others.

Wii will dominate the holidays again with WiiParty as well as other games launching.

Wii still has mucho $$ it could drop to help spur even further sales.

For funsies, replace "Wii" with "DS," and "Wii Party" with "Pokemon Black/White."

No seriously, try it!

You can't do that as there is no other console launching just before the 3DS. (notice you left that out of my quote)