By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is smart, and I hate them for that fact

Khuutra said:

Clouded memory does not concern me! You have no particular reason to assume this is taking away from a 3DS Zelda. I don't think Aonuma's ever worked on two at once...

Looking at the release dates, I'd have to believe that there's been some overlap between the last two console Zeldas and the last two portable ones, or else they really rushed the portable ones out.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

Clouded memory does not concern me! You have no particular reason to assume this is taking away from a 3DS Zelda. I don't think Aonuma's ever worked on two at once...

Looking at the release dates, I'd have to believe that there's been some overlap between the last two console Zeldas and the last two portable ones, or else they really rushed the portable ones out.

Wasn't Twilight Princess finished relatively early in 2006?

I'm... not sure what Wind Waker has got to do with it, though.

Khuutra said:

Nah, Nintendo kept tweaking at least the Wii version far into '06, and Anouma says he was involved in that process.

And I'm referring to Skyward Sword, albeit somewhat prematurely.

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

Nah, Nintendo kept tweaking at least the Wii version far into '06, and Anouma says he was involved in that process.

And I'm referring to Skyward Sword, albeit somewhat prematurely.

Oh. Hrm! Fair point. Consider my speculation retracted.

Khuutra said:
wfz said:

I would have assumed there were at least segments of the Zelda developers that would split themselves between "portable" and "home console" work. I honestly have no idea though. Just a clouded memory of things I have heard in the past.

If Skyward Sword is slowing down the development of the new Zelda 3DS game, that I can live with. That's okay. Because that's something new. But if OoT 3DS is slowing down the portable Zelda, then I have a problem with it.

"You get a portable Ocarina of Time next year. Holy shit!"

You are the essence evil. Tempting me and trying to awaken the Zelda fanboy nostalgia that rests deep within me. I know your kind!

Clouded memory does not concern me! You have no particular reason to assume this is taking away from a 3DS Zelda. I don't think Aonuma's ever worked on two at once, and to the best of my knowledge he's still the Zelda guy, so...

And that just menas that, deep inside, you want to be happy about the possibility of a portable Ocarina. You'd do the same for Majora, or Wind Waker.

Well dammit at least I was being honest instead of making crap up. =P

Khuutra, would you rather have a remake of Majora's Mask, or a completely new Zelda game in the same vein as Majora's Mask to love alongside the original MM? Yes yes I know that it would take more effort than a remake and it might not turn out as magical as MM, but there would at least be hope for such a game. With a remake, there is no hope because it is the same game.

I love Majora's Mask just the way it is. I absolutely love it. And instead of getting a slightly better remake of it, I would rather an entirely new game that I can love alongside my sweet MM.

Wishful thinking that they could make a game comparable to MM, yes, but as long as they try, there is hope. If they don't try and merely remake the same game, there is no hope of that kind.

I do agree that a kickass updated MM would rock my socks, but I would rather that effort and time go into a new project, maybe even something that could surpass MM. Something that gives hope.

"Nintendo's newest Monster Console is coming out, the 3DS, and as a Zelda fan I can't freakin wait to see what Zelda game they put on it! I bet it'll be something new and amazing li-- oh, it's an OoT remake. = "

That's how I feel about this. =P

Now that a lot of arguments about new dungeons and content are coming in, do we have any actual news on what they plan on adding? Will it be extra filler dungeons and content, or will it truly change things up and make the game and story feel fresh and more fleshed out? I like the idea of a Temple for getting the Light Medallion from Rauru and I would love more dungeons in the same vein that really make the game more of a reinvisioning.

What I don't want is another pointless filler temple like the Gerudo training grounds for the Ice Arrows.

Around the Network

I think the choice you present is a false dichotomy.

I would want both, of course.

My final opinion about this is that as long as Aonuma leads the Zelda team, they will be guaranteed to make Zelda games inferior to the Zeldas that Miyamoto was directly responsible for, and the ports will, sadly be the better games.

Red flags for Skyward Sword have already started to show up.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

My final opinion about this is that as long as Aonuma leads the Zelda team, they will be guaranteed to make Zelda games inferior to the Zeldas that Miyamoto was directly responsible for, and the ports will, sadly be the better games.

Oh lord God in Heaven give me strength; please dont start this shit up again.

Khuutra said:
KungKras said:

I have to. I want the magic of OoT back.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Khuutra said:

I have to. I want the magic of OoT back.

You starting up this exhausted argument is not going to affect Nintendo. You want the magic of OoT back? Buy a 3DS and play away to your heart's content. You want a game that Nintendo will tailor to your standards in specifically trying to best OoT on its own terms? THey've been doing that since 1999. Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess were all better games than Ocarina of Time in several ways; your complaints to the contrary are just typical enough that thish as worried Aonuma for over a decade.

I will be most glad when the Zelda team ignores the living Hell out of you.