By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is smart, and I hate them for that fact

1-THE BEST GAME EVER MADED

2-BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY STYLE THANKS TO THE TOUCH SCREEN (WATER TEMPLE WILL BE MUCH BETTER NOW)

3-IT LOOK MUCH BETTER

4-ITS IN FREAKING 3D

5-HELL YEAH NINTENDO IS SMART

6-I HATE THEN FOR NOT GIVING ME 3DS THIS YEAR.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network
raptors11 said:

I agree with the OP. Its gettin kinda ridiculous all these remakes coming out. I can sort of understand the ICO collection and GoW collection because they're being upgraded to HD but otherwise its just laziness and easy money (which I don't blame them for)

So upgrading OoT to 3D is different because?

I LOVE ICELAND!

I've heard SO many people beg for a remake, and now that they're doing it the 15 year fanboys complain? Hmmm... I don't think you're a Niny fan then, because everyone is very excited about the remake.

IT'S NOT LIKE THERE WON'T BE OTHER GAMES TO PLAY.

there just giving the people what they want. If you don't like it,then vote with your wallet. It's great that there doing it though.

Ocarina of Time is my favorite all time game,but, I don't plan on buying it when I get the 3DS. I already played the game and I have it on my Wii from the Virtual console. My 10-year-old niece who never played it, told me that OoT is the first game she wants when the 3DS launches.

Around the Network
raptors11 said:

I agree with the OP. Its gettin kinda ridiculous all these remakes coming out. I can sort of understand the ICO collection and GoW collection because they're being upgraded to HD but otherwise its just laziness and easy money (which I don't blame them for)

umm OOT 3d is getting rebalanced dungeons, updated graphics and bonus content. GoW (and possibly ICO collectoin, not much is known) is just higher res textures and running at a higher res. I think you are confused as to which has more work put into it...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

There is another side to this besides giving people what they want, or just releasing ports for a quick profit ... Projects like this are good opportunities to create (or build a relationship with) new development teams.

While the execution of this game has to be excellent, the fact that you're re-creating and enhancing an existing experience simplifies a lot of the decision making on the project; and (as a result) the efforts of management can be more focused on building and improving their team.

zarx said:
raptors11 said:

umm OOT 3d is getting rebalanced dungeons, updated graphics and bonus content. GoW (and possibly ICO collectoin, not much is known) is just higher res textures and running at a higher res. I think you are confused as to which has more work put into it...

Rebalanced dungeons and bonus content? Where'd you read that?

Dr.Grass said:

I've heard SO many people beg for a remake, and now that they're doing it the 15 year fanboys complain? Hmmm... I don't think you're a Niny fan then, because everyone is very excited about the remake.

IT'S NOT LIKE THERE WON'T BE OTHER GAMES TO PLAY.

wfz's point is that if this game didn't come out, we'd have even more Other Games To Play.  Which may or may not be true.

wfz said:

I would have assumed there were at least segments of the Zelda developers that would split themselves between "portable" and "home console" work. I honestly have no idea though. Just a clouded memory of things I have heard in the past.

If Skyward Sword is slowing down the development of the new Zelda 3DS game, that I can live with. That's okay. Because that's something new. But if OoT 3DS is slowing down the portable Zelda, then I have a problem with it.

"You get a portable Ocarina of Time next year. Holy shit!"

You are the essence evil. Tempting me and trying to awaken the Zelda fanboy nostalgia that rests deep within me. I know your kind!

Clouded memory does not concern me! You have no particular reason to assume this is taking away from a 3DS Zelda. I don't think Aonuma's ever worked on two at once, and to the best of my knowledge he's still the Zelda guy, so...

And that just menas that, deep inside, you want to be happy about the possibility of a portable Ocarina. You'd do the same for Majora, or Wind Waker.