By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is smart, and I hate them for that fact

I agree with Khuutra so much it's not even funny.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

I think that's indicative of plenty, zarx. Thank you very much for reminding me. I'd actually read that, but forgotten.

No problem, it will be interesting to see how big the changes actually will be TBH. I do hope they change it enough to feel fresh to the die hard fans and enjoyable to people that my never have played it. I think other than a touch screen inventory controls and a fixed water temple, a few new puzzles and mini games utilising motion control and or 3D. They might rework some of the bosses and weapons. They walk a fine line IMO between staying true to the original and making it fresh and modern, but this is Nintendo so whatever they do I bet it will be great.

Now to admit my eternal shame...

I have never actually played OOT, I have played a bit of Majoras mask tho never finished it. I hav been tempted to play it on an emulator but never got round to it. So the 3DS version will be the one I play, so I hope it's as good if not better than the original.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Khuutra said:

I think that's indicative of plenty, zarx. Thank you very much for reminding me. I'd actually read that, but forgotten.

No problem, it will be interesting to see how big the changes actually will be TBH. I do hope they change it enough to feel fresh to the die hard fans and enjoyable to people that my never have played it. I think other than a touch screen inventory controls and a fixed water temple, a few new puzzles and mini games utilising motion control and or 3D. They might rework some of the bosses and weapons. They walk a fine line IMO between staying true to the original and making it fresh and modern, but this is Nintendo so whatever they do I bet it will be great.

I have never actually played OOT, I have played a bit of Majoras mask tho never finished it. I hav been tempted to play it on an emulator but never got round to it. So the 3DS version will be the one I play, so I hope it's as good if not better than the original.

What?! Are you kidding me?!

You've never finished playing through MM?! You have no soul!

wfz said:
zarx said:
Khuutra said:

What?! Are you kidding me?!

You've never finished playing through MM?! You have no soul!

what my friend left so I couldn't borrow his N64 any more :(

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

It'll be the definitive version of the greatest game of all time.  What's not to love?

Edit:

What's this about a "fixed" water temple?  It was never broken!  And even if some do consider it broken, what's the problem and how would it be fixed?  I'm honestly clueless about this.  =/

Around the Network
zarx said:
Khuutra said:

You get to experience thisg ame for the first time. That's pretty great.

I hate remakes and portable ports. To me all it says is this: you should replay the game otherwise you won't have the full story...

and I hate replaying games I'm done with, just asbout as much as I hate missing stuff in a game.

I do like however the VC and whateverit'scalledPSNPS1/PS2games.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

makingmusic476 said:

What's this about a "fixed" water temple?  It was never broken!  And even if some do consider it broken, what's the problem and how would it be fixed?  I'm honestly clueless about this.  =/

It was "hard."  Apparently, most people have difficulty solving puzzles that require keeping track of multiple variables, and/or keeping focused on one task at a time.  I don't mean that condescindingly; the Water Temple really was less guided than the other dungeons.

noname2200 said:
makingmusic476 said:

It was "hard."  Apparently, most people have difficulty solving puzzles that require keeping track of multiple variables, and/or keeping focused on one task at a time.  I don't mean that condescindingly; the Water Temple really was less guided than the other dungeons.

Hey, it made dtewi give up on ever trying to beat OoT, so...

Khuutra said:

Hey, it made dtewi give up on ever trying to beat OoT, so...

I'll omit the obvious retort.