2010 Wii: The end of the road

Nintendo'll give hints a... 29 11.89%

Nintendo'll announce Wii... 14 5.74%

Nintendo'll keep things ... 201 82.38%

Total:244
Cheebee said:
Mr. Fister said:
Cheebee said:

Why does everyone here seem to expect Zelda SS to release Q1/Q2 next year? Miyamoto only said it'd be out 'next year'. I'm not expecting it any time before 2011's holiday season.

Aonuma said he was hoping to have Skyward Sword finished and released sometime early next year. We all know how Nintendo is with Zelda and release dates, but you never know.

Seems like I missed that quote. So yeah anyway, I'm still not believing it until I see it. I'm counting on a 2nd half of 2011 release.

I hope you are wrong, cause I want to play zelda now but knowing nintendo and thier development it wouldnt be a surprise to have Q3 or Q4...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

wii wa doomed before it was made :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I think Wii successor will be announced either late 2011 or early 2012 and out in 2012. I think Nintendo has enough stuff gearing up for release next year to keep the Wii going, and I think they'll have a few surprises coming that people weren't anticipating which will solidify the line-up. Just my thought.

Bah!

i think wii2 will be unveiled at e3 2011, with a launch window set in february - march 2012, much in the way of what happened with the 3ds.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Yep, wii is pretty much done by now. But since wii was such a failure, I believe Ninetndo wont release another home console. They will stick to the 3DS only.

Yep, wii was done before it came out... I'm sure Nintendo doesnt want to go through the same thing all over again.

Around the Network

I love these threads, the fact is the PS3 has only been outselling the Wii for something like 2 weeks and now it's all doom and gloom? The fact is the Wii still retails here in the UK for £179, the XBOX360 S 250gb sells for just £189! The Wii has never had a price cut since it's launch here in the UK. The Wii could easily hsae it's price down to £129 and sell like hot cakes all over again.

You do realise that is the PS3 keeps outselling the Wii at the last week's rate it would finally over take the Wii's total in 26 years!!! Next year Nintendo has DQX and Zelda and hasn't even used F Zero, Starfox or Pikmin yet! What's more 6 of the top ten selling gams of 2010 are Wii titles.

The Wii is not dying, it's just in need of a price cut. What's more in 2010, even without a price drop there have still been 2 million more Wii's sold than PS3s.

@zechmarquis  I dont think Wii needs a price cut ever. It was never that expensive and after all these years those people still holding out for Wii probably didnt want one

oniyide said:

@zechmarquis  I dont think Wii needs a price cut ever. It was never that expensive and after all these years those people still holding out for Wii probably didnt want one

I think that consumers know the Wii is less powerful than the other systems, but when they launched there was a massive difference in price. Now there is no difference in price. The Wii does, like every product, need a price drop after time.