DS > everything

<3 <3 DS <3 <3

PS2 > DS > ngage > everything.  Lmao

Around the Network
jarrod said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jarrod said:
NYANKS said:

Weren't many people thinking that Wii would do better than PS2 WW?  Up until the Wii's lull of the last few months some people still seemed optimisitc.  It's looking to miss by a lot if it has passed its peak.  But it's also probably still ahrad of the PS2's pace, which is puzzling. lol

Yeah, it's just going to have a shorter cycle by virtue of market dynamics.  It can still hold the title of fastest selling console ever (unless 3DS takes it, which is likely imo), but it's never going to come close to beating DS or PS2 for the best selling crown overall.

It should still pass PS1 though, and might come close to GB.

Which is still good company to be in, much like the market dynamics, I think next gen if the momentum can stay in the favor of Nintendo, the 3DS and the next home console could pull off some crazy numbers and be backed by software support.  Really trying something new put third party devs off right at the beginning and it's been a lumpy road for them ever since, they established their base on PS3 and 360 early, and found it hard to switch mid season essentially.

But with all pistons firing sales could be much better all over the world, just hopefully Nintendo will help out the European markets more, its still hard to get some of their games in some countries and they have to pay higher prices when they import, that could be the difference between being the best selling console and being in second.

I pretty much agree with all this, and the early (basically industry wide) commitment of support for 3DS is pretty encouraging.  I definitely expect the same gameplan for Nintendo with Wii 2, and I can see most major 3rd parties jumping in also so as not be left behind like they were on Wii 1.

Yes that early 3DS support is actually something the DS lacked a lot of, even with Nintendo's dominance in the handheld market since the Gameboy developers were iffy on the DS and a lot of people in the industry had PSP to beat out the DS, so good games were slim pickings for a couple of years sadly.  Hopefully a great start will result in a great finish for the 3DS and could continue to the next home console. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I like your positive future for the Wii thesource ;)

Above: still the best game of the year.

I think Wii has one more holiday season left in the tank, especially if Vitality Sensor is a huge hit. Besides that, there is also Pikmin 3, Zelda in the spring, and the vitality sensor games. They also have a $50 or even $100 price cut left to help carry sales a little further. 2011 will also be the main focus of the 3DS, so I think two new consoles in that year would be too much. I think Spring-Fall 2012 would be a good time for the next console.

Why does everyone here seem to expect Zelda SS to release Q1/Q2 next year? Miyamoto only said it'd be out 'next year'. I'm not expecting it any time before 2011's holiday season.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Why does everyone here seem to expect Zelda SS to release Q1/Q2 next year? Miyamoto only said it'd be out 'next year'. I'm not expecting it any time before 2011's holiday season.

I think it will come out in the summer months of next year.  My reasoning is that the press could play the game as well as watching a trailer, to me that suggests it's quite far through development.  In E3 09, Metroid Other M and SMG 2 weren't playable and they came out Q3 and 2 respectively.

Damn, I just remembered Golden Sun DD, that kind of destroys my argument if you count the E3 09 demo as 'gameplay'.

MrT-Tar said:
Cheebee said:

I think it will come out in the summer months of next year.  My reasoning is that the press could play the game as well as watching a trailer, to me that suggests it's quite far through development.  In E3 09, Metroid Other M and SMG 2 weren't playable and they came out Q3 and 2 respectively.

Damn, I just remembered Golden Sun DD, that kind of destroys my argument if you count the E3 09 demo as 'gameplay'.

Hmm, well yeah, I can understand that kind of reasoning... but still, from what I saw from E3 this year and the state of the game so far, I don't assume it'll be ready anytime before Q3 2011... Ah well, we'll see.

Cheebee said:

Aonuma said he was hoping to have Skyward Sword finished and released sometime early next year. We all know how Nintendo is with Zelda and release dates, but you never know.

Cheebee said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255782

Mr. Fister said:
Cheebee said:

Aonuma said he was hoping to have Skyward Sword finished and released sometime early next year. We all know how Nintendo is with Zelda and release dates, but you never know.

Seems like I missed that quote. So yeah anyway, I'm still not believing it until I see it. I'm counting on a 2nd half of 2011 release.