By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom talks MT Framework on 3DS - details graphical output, engine power

From GoNintendo:

The following information comes from a Game.Watch article...

MT Framework Mobile on 3DS

Resident Evil Revelations

- Couldn't believe the results they were getting out of the 3DS
- utilizes all the common rendering techniques on 360/PS3 like HDR rendering, surface shaders and normal maps, depth of field, gamma correction and more
- 2x Anti Aliasing in 2D mode, off in 3D mode
- polygon count and resolution is lower than RE5 but Revelations has similar expression
- Street Fighter IV 3DS uses the same engine

Up without HDR, down with HDR

Up without color correction, down with it.

Up without motion blur, down with it.

Depth of Field

Normal maps

Surface shaders, self shadowing

Street Fighter IV 3DS, apparently it uses MTFM

Around the Network

Sexy...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I've never had a handheld before (3DS will be my first one) - does one really notice such things with such a screen size?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

looks fantastic!

bmmb1 said:

I've never had a handheld before (3DS will be my first one) - does one really notice such things with such a screen size?

Not as quickly, and it's much more subtle. Still, looks do make a difference, even on handhelds.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I'm ashamed to admit that when I first saw RE 3DS screens, I thought they were pre-rendered

Wow, 3DS will indeed be a powerhouse.

I LOVE ICELAND!

BTW, what is wrong with Ryu's face in the last picture? O_O

I LOVE ICELAND!

Lol at Ryu's face.

I love everything besides the depth blurring. = I like being able to see a full image clearly, I hate the "focus" sight. I'm not watching this game through a camera or telescope!

I don't know if it's  just my monitor but the pics with color correction and HDR actually seem to look worse than without it...

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987