By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom talks MT Framework on 3DS - details graphical output, engine power

miz1q2w3e said:
DarkisWR said:
miz1q2w3e said:
disolitude said:

This thing better have TV out. I want to see these nice graphics on a big screen tv, and then see whats what...

I know it won't... but it better!

It would probably look like vomit on a big screen TV, the 3DS outputs at 400x240 :p

thats a ds...have you seen how the psp looks on a big screen?  sure they keep aspct rtio etc but seeing how 3ds is so far...maybe true 800 x 600 - 3d etc? 3ds just seems atm like it can do alot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS - - - check the chart

DS was 256×192

Hmmm....

So it outputs less that it's own resoultion..and under the psp????

I'd under stand if it was doing 3d to a 3d tv...but if it wasnt....?!

Have any of you hooked a psp up to a high quality lcd?

???

I'm sure hooking a tv up isnt thier main focus but it be kewl....if not well..still good

Around the Network
DarkisWR said:
Squilliam said:
Salnax said:

People underestimate the power of the Wii compared to the GameCube. Basically, all the 6th gen consoles were 2, and Sony and Microsoft went to 4, but Nintendo only went to 3. That's still a whole number up, but its as close to the old as it is to the new. As it is, The 3DS looks 2.5ish.

Performance isn't a number from 1-10.

Thats what she said!

Sorry I had to do it..lol

3DS specs will more than likely be 1.5-2.5X of what the psp is...ignore resoultion..im just talking about pure grphx/cpu powerz.

Thou did any of you see the Monster hunter portable 3rd trailer? I feel it reaaly shows off the best of what the psp can do and well...toss that vs the ss shots here and the 3ds seems very beastly..

I don not see a psp2 coming 2011....not when a new full major MH title is slated 2011 for psp...not to mention god eater burst and lord of arcania...earlyieeeest im guessin...2012 E3...and bam new psp2..but ninty with 1-2 year head start..oh and bet ur butt...psp2 will have 3d..god willing...cell based psp to stop pirating from killing off a great platform...oh and it better have something like psn/live..gta/fps w/e would own on a 3/4g/wifi network...fug id pay 20$ a month for that.

And sorry I know a good bit is off topic but...well...theres soo few threads and I'd really not want to make a thread to hear*see* myself type...alone.

But how can you say what the 3DS is or is not capable of if we don't have the specifications nor the relative clock speeds of the various chips?

Tease.

I cant wait to see how Super Mario galaxy 3D will looks like *-* 

Or metroid dread hdausdhas 

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

DarkisWR said:
miz1q2w3e said:
disolitude said:

This thing better have TV out. I want to see these nice graphics on a big screen tv, and then see whats what...

It would probably look like vomit on a big screen TV, the 3DS outputs at 400x240 :p

thats a ds...have you seen how the psp looks on a big screen?  sure they keep aspct rtio etc but seeing how 3ds is so far...maybe true 800 x 600 - 3d etc? 3ds just seems atm like it can do alot.

DS is not 800x600 but 800x240...

And its actually 400x240 in 2D cause 800 pixels is divided in to 2 due to 3D(400 for each eye).

This is the main reason why i don't think it will have TV out. Unless nintendo has a scaler chip in there to make it 800x600 or something.

Squilliam said:
Salnax said:

People underestimate the power of the Wii compared to the GameCube. Basically, all the 6th gen consoles were 2, and Sony and Microsoft went to 4, but Nintendo only went to 3. That's still a whole number up, but its as close to the old as it is to the new. As it is, The 3DS looks 2.5ish.

Performance isn't a number from 1-10.

I was trying to make an analogy, but you're right.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Pretty impressive for a handheld.

disolitude said:
DarkisWR said:
miz1q2w3e said:
disolitude said:

DS is not 800x600 but 800x240...

And its actually 400x240 in 2D cause 800 pixels is divided in to 2 due to 3D(400 for each eye).

This is the main reason why i don't think it will have TV out. Unless nintendo has a scaler chip in there to make it 800x600 or something.

Or the TV has a way to read off the output and convert it to its own 3D format.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

miz1q2w3e said:
disolitude said:

On the other hand, the 3DS has to render everything twice for 3D to work.  If it was just rendering for one 480p or 720p image, I bet the results would be pretty impressive still.

MrT-Tar said:

I'm ashamed to admit that when I first saw RE 3DS screens, I thought they were pre-rendered

I think a lot of us did.  Which can be forgiven--it'll be the first time since the GameCube that Nintendo has put substantial power inside their hardware.

Resident_Hazard said:
MrT-Tar said:

I'm ashamed to admit that when I first saw RE 3DS screens, I thought they were pre-rendered

I think a lot of us did.  Which can be forgiven--it'll be the first time since the GameCube that Nintendo has put substantial power inside their hardware.

Well it's the first time it was finacially feasible.

Plus I've seen some Wii games get accused of pre-rendering when their graphics are actually good.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs