By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation platform claims 377 million units sold to date!

Didn't Sony just recently changed how they reported shipped vs sold? before that they where counting everything as sold...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

http://www.movevsstuff.com/

www.yaybuttons.com

mM

I'm sure the numbers for PS1 sale on this site are WAY less accurate than consoles sales for this and last generation. 

What a long strange trip its been.

I'm glad I took the ride.

PS1 figures are wrong, SONY's own fiscal report 2004 has PS1 shipments at 102.54 million, the software number looks off as well. We know that SONY has sold close to 3 billion not 2 billion pieces of software across all platforms...

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:

I bought 3 PS1s! I was probably Sony's number one customer is the 90s!

Heh, I've bought like 7 PS2s! I still have 2 with me.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

This seems shady... Sony reported 102 million PS1s manufactured not too long ago.

And I can't believe he's gloating over the fact they put Sega out of business (which is also false).

Sometimes I like Sony, but most of the time I hate them. They seem dead set on being the annoying arrogant game company somehow... they're a total PR disaster at times.

Chrizum said:

This seems shady... Sony reported 102 million PS1s manufactured not too long ago.

And I can't believe he's gloating over the fact they put Sega out of business (which is also false).

Sometimes I like Sony, but most of the time I hate them. They seem dead set on being the annoying arrogant game company somehow... they're a total PR disaster at times.

they destroyed SEGA in PS1 era. Later, SEGA finished the job

Sony's numbers have always been iffy, so beware..

the PS2 numbers confuse one tracking method with another, both of which are quite manipulated, production shipments up to a point,and then sales to retail. A large pool may have been counted more than once on transition, and even then there's no estimate of what was actually sold to consumers, a lot of it may have been replacements believe it or not.

We're not gonna know how much the PS has really sold, particularly the PS2 because of these confusions. What Sony has paints a bigger number and we won't know the difference until a serious research method is applied. There's been serious talk that the PS2 was sold to less than 100 million consumer households actually.

Errr Sony's own website has had the PS1 at 102.49 million for years... where have these additional consoles come from.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html

And as someone else said, 2 billion SW figure is too low.

Sony are really terrible at getting their figures right.