By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation platform claims 377 million units sold to date!

Wait a minute, 2 billion software?

PS1: 962 million

PS2: 1.5 billion

PS3: 315 million

PSP: 275 million

Total: 3.05 billion

I think they messed that up.

Around the Network

nice dbz sticker on the psx

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

They put Sega out, those sons of bitches. BURN THEM!!!

In all honesty though, as much as Sony wants to tout that claim of theirs, the truth is that Sega put Sega out of business. They were all over the place with their hardware designs and releases, and made themselves weak. It wasn't even a fight, all Sony had to do was poke Sega in Sega's already weak state, and they collapsed.

That's like touting that you beat Armstrong in a bike race while he was on drugs, hadn't gotten any sleep for weeks, and had just broken his leg.

Yup, I'm comparing Sega's state to that. =P

Congrats Sony. Does anyone have numbers on how many Nintendo consoles have been sold to date? It would make an interesting comparison.

wfz said:

They put Sega out, those sons of bitches. BURN THEM!!!

In all honesty though, as much as Sony wants to tout that claim of theirs, the truth is that Sega put Sega out of business. They were all over the place with their hardware designs and releases, and made themselves weak. It wasn't even a fight, all Sony had to do was poke Sega in Sega's already weak state, and they collapsed.

That's like touting that you beat Armstrong in a bike race while he was on drugs, hadn't gotten any sleep for weeks, and had just broken his leg.

Yup, I'm comparing Sega's state to that. =P

Congrats Sony. Does anyone have numbers on how many Nintendo consoles have been sold to date? It would make an interesting comparison.

According to Wiki 565.67 million

Double the gaming systems that Sony has.

Wait, why did you just quote Wiki when our very own site touts itself as an impressive sales-tracking site? Is it because you're going off of Wiki's reports of what Nintendo itself has reported?

Around the Network
wfz said:

Wait, why did you just quote Wiki when our very own site touts itself as an impressive sales-tracking site? Is it because you're going off of Wiki's reports of what Nintendo itself has reported?

I was just looking up the top consoles at Wiki when you asked that, it was more convenient to just get them there. It's all shipped numbers, same as the Sony figures, so it's only fair.  

$63B in revenue and according to those financial tallies floating around, margins of ~1%.

Anyway, crazy numbers for a crazy Kuturagi.

Tease.

Gilgamesh said:
wfz said:

I was just looking up the top consoles at Wiki when you asked that, it was more convenient to just get them there. It's all shipped numbers, same as the Sony figures, so it's only fair.  

Ah so Sony's sales are shipped? I was wondering about the discrepancy between their numbers and ours for the PS1. Then again, how are ~25m consoles sitting on shelves?

Ronster will not like this thread.

Anywho, congrats to Sony, and happy birthday to the pseudo-console-brand-turned-console-that-could.

Actually, it looks like there's some head scratchers in the OP. I wonder what ioi has to say about the "130 million" PlayStations and only 2 billion software sales (that according to Gilga don't make much sense).

wfz said:
Gilgamesh said:
wfz said:

Ah so Sony's sales are shipped? I was wondering about the discrepancy between their numbers and ours for the PS1. Then again, how are ~25m consoles sitting on shelves?

It is possible that replacement consoles for replacing broken models under warranty are included in that, plus a million odd giveaways , probably dev kits as well and we can assume some rounding up.

But yes vgchartz is probably under tracking it by a lot. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!