By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation platform claims 377 million units sold to date!

Congratulations Sony !!!

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

The discrepancy came from figures for the original PlayStation -- Dille originally stated in the Gamasutra feature interview that the console sold 130 million, but it has actually sold 102 million units. A SCEA rep that apologized for the company's error said that in any case, the 349 million-unit landmark "is clearly still an amazing accomplishment that we are incredibly proud of."]

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30313/On_PlayStations_15th_Birthday_Platform_Claims_349_Million_Consoles_Sold.php

349 million PlayStations in homes!

Today, September 9, is the 15th anniversary of the PlayStation; including the original console and its two subsequent editions, the platform has sold 377 million hardware units and over 2 billion software units to date, the company announced today.

In today's Gamasutra feature, Sony Computer Entertainment senior VP of marketing Peter Dille reflects on the system's unusual, disruptive launch: "We sold more than 130 million PS1s, went on to sell more than 146 million PS2s, put Sega out of the hardware business, established us as a household brand, [and] created a huge profit center for Sony Cor

WTF kind of stupid thing is that to say.

Very disappointed in this SONY exec....SONY deserves a better image portrayed of themselves than this kind of talk

Anyway grats PS

SONY BEST! PLAYSTATION BEST!!!!! (except PSP )

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

The discrepancy came from figures for the original PlayStation -- Dille originally stated in the Gamasutra feature interview that the console sold 130 million, but it has actually sold 102 million units. A SCEA rep that apologized for the company's error said that in any case, the 349 million-unit landmark "is clearly still an amazing accomplishment that we are incredibly proud of."]

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30313/On_PlayStations_15th_Birthday_Platform_Claims_349_Million_Consoles_Sold.php

Today, September 9, is the 15th anniversary of the PlayStation; including the original console and its two subsequent editions, the platform has sold 377 million hardware units and over 2 billion software units to date, the company announced today.

In today's Gamasutra feature, Sony Computer Entertainment senior VP of marketing Peter Dille reflects on the system's unusual, disruptive launch: "We sold more than 130 million PS1s, went on to sell more than 146 million PS2s, put Sega out of the hardware business, established us as a household brand, [and] created a huge profit center for Sony Cor

Very disappointed in this SONY exec....SONY deserves a better image portrayed of themselves than this kind of talk

Anyway grats PS

You know, honestly, the PSP gets way more crap than it deserves. It being the first ever handheld to even reach these levels (outside a Nintendo one). It's not the best Sony has ever done, but it is the 2nd most successful handheld brand to date.

Its a success

I'm talking about its software...its my worst system ever behind Gamecube.

Don't even get me started about the Gamecube.

350 is still good

i was about to throw a party today had PS1 did 130M

PS1 was God back in the day i still have fond memories going to highschool back then and people bringing in PS magazines, game guides (internet wasnt big then) and taking bout gaming during launch the time and atmosphere was different then, i can image now the talk is more about cell phones, facebook, ipods, and drugs 

also to note if you go on PSN you get free theme and in PS home you get a PS1 replica for your home from theater 8 

Play Me

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Anyway grats PS

You know, honestly, the PSP gets way more crap than it deserves. It being the first ever handheld to even reach these levels (outside a Nintendo one). It's not the best Sony has ever done, but it is the 2nd most successful handheld brand to date.

Its a success

I'm talking about its software...its my worst system ever behind Gamecube.

Don't even get me started about the Gamecube.

Yes, but again, there's not much to compare it to besides Nintendo handhels. In that regard, it's a success as well.

Now the Gamecube, don't you dare, it was arguably my favorite console last gen!!!

{suicides}

Around the Network

I bought 4 PS brand hardware (2 PS2)

8 Nint

1 MS

2 Sega...

that's it.

(one iphone)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Anyway grats PS

I agree, I'd say they did a much better job with the PSP then they did the PS3.

Of course that might just be because I like my PSP more.   Might actually be my favorite sytem of the generation.

And I freaking hate handhelds.