By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If square-enix goes multi-plat with FF13vs,what should as fans do?

Nothing

Around the Network

console my inner fanboy, then go buy the game!!!

What should we do?  What kind of dumbass question is that?

If the answer is anything other than be happy more people get to experience the game then you're simply wrong.

(and people crying about quality because of a port, it's easier to port from the PS3 to 360/PC than port 360/PC to PS3)

Ever since the disappointment of FF13 and the lack of any real info for v13, I kinda lost interest.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

Being multiplatform does hurt y enjoyement in a way. I think that when a game is released on a specific platform  the quality tends to be better because the devellopers spent ressources on making a game good rather than thinking about all the potentially more sales that they can get, those games tend to lose their souls. However, a port of a game done by an external company doesn't bother me as much.

Its funny how people always say "exclusive are higher quality than multiplatform" whenever Assassins Creed, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Fallout 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space are just a few examples of excellent multiplatform games.  Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype.

OT:  If the game gets good reviews and your a Final Fantasy fan than pick it up for whichever system you prefer. 

I take this personally. Are you seriously compering those multiplat games against exclusives? I can compare those games  to Crysis, MGS4, Killzone2, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Halo 1-3, Gears etc.

Most of those games you listed pretty much fall under the same genra too. The gameplay is great, but it doesn't have that extra greatness in graphic tech which is something a decent amount of people care about, including myself. A lot of people fall for the hype, and then there are those who don't listen to critics. 

All i'm saying is, it is better to compare exclusives against exclusives. /end rant

but.....your wrong. 

GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty MW2, Bioshock, Street Fighter 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Assassins Creed 2 all have higher Metacritic's then every game you just listed besides Uncharted 2. 

Also 7 out of the top 10 games for PS3 based on Metacritic are multi-plats, only 3 are exclusives.  Basically the same way on the 360.

So no.  Exclusives aren't generally considered better quality.  At all.  

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

but.....your wrong. 

GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty MW2, Bioshock, Street Fighter 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Assassins Creed 2 all have higher Metacritic's then every game you just listed besides Uncharted 2. 

Also 7 out of the top 10 games for PS3 based on Metacritic are multi-plats, only 3 are exclusives.  Basically the same way on the 360.

So no.  Exclusives aren't generally considered better quality.  At all.  

Its a matter of percentage, not looking at certain exclusives or multiplatforms. I think its right to say that exclusive are generally considered better quality, but then again, it isnt solely because its easier to focus only on one console. Exclusives usually have bigger budget, more hype and support from the publisher. From my observations, its pretty common for multiplatforms to have lower scores than exclusives. You can always find exceptions, though. It would be too long to do it, but if someone have the percentage of multiplats below 60% (or 70%/80%) meta VS the percentage of exclusives below 60% (or 70%/80%)meta that would be interesting.

NiKKoM said:

I don't know what you guys are going to do...

But I'll be eating popcorn.... with a smile..

Always fun watching Square fans! 

"If you have a got an awesome girlfriend and then someone else gets an awesome girlfriend. you know who wins. everyone." - Kevin Butler

As long as the game quality isn't effected does it really matter how many platforms it is on.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

nothing. if you like it buy, if not then don't preorder the game

Acevil said:
NiKKoM said:

I don't know what you guys are going to do...

But I'll be eating popcorn.... with a smile..

Always fun watching Square fans! 

Enix had it right, that's why they were the superior and more valuable company.  Why they left Wada and Square at the generic helm I'll never know.

I think Fukushima just wanted to retire.