By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If square-enix goes multi-plat with FF13vs,what should as fans do?

Send death threats to SE Boss!!!!!

Around the Network

Piss and moan, boo the 360 at the launch party, and buy it anyway.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Just buy it on PS3 and tell the inferior port to pound sand.

I wouldn't care at all

shank wada 10 times!!!!

Around the Network
nostromos said:

Being multiplatform does hurt y enjoyement in a way. I think that when a game is released on a specific platform  the quality tends to be better because the devellopers spent ressources on making a game good rather than thinking about all the potentially more sales that they can get, those games tend to lose their souls. However, a port of a game done by an external company doesn't bother me as much.

Its funny how people always say "exclusive are higher quality than multiplatform" whenever Assassins Creed, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Fallout 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space are just a few examples of excellent multiplatform games.  Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype.

OT:  If the game gets good reviews and your a Final Fantasy fan than pick it up for whichever system you prefer. 

BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

Being multiplatform does hurt y enjoyement in a way. I think that when a game is released on a specific platform  the quality tends to be better because the devellopers spent ressources on making a game good rather than thinking about all the potentially more sales that they can get, those games tend to lose their souls. However, a port of a game done by an external company doesn't bother me as much.

Its funny how people always say "exclusive are higher quality than multiplatform" whenever Assassins Creed, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Fallout 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space are just a few examples of excellent multiplatform games.  Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype.

OT:  If the game gets good reviews and your a Final Fantasy fan than pick it up for whichever system you prefer. 

I take this personally. Are you seriously compering those multiplat games against exclusives? I can compare those games  to Crysis, MGS4, Killzone2, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Halo 1-3, Gears etc.

Most of those games you listed pretty much fall under the same genra too. The gameplay is great, but it doesn't have that extra greatness in graphic tech which is something a decent amount of people care about, including myself. A lot of people fall for the hype, and then there are those who don't listen to critics. 

All i'm saying is, it is better to compare exclusives against exclusives. /end rant

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Stop buying shitty games when that fucking company should be working on Kingdom Hearts 3 but Tetsuya Nomura is too busy adding zippers and emo clothes to everything in Final Fantasy to actually bother with a real KH game. I will have none of this KH handheld crap. /rant

deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

I take this personally. Are you seriously compering those multiplat games against exclusives? I can compare those games  to Crysis, MGS4, Killzone2, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Halo 1-3, Gears etc.

Most of those games you listed pretty much fall under the same genra too. The gameplay is great, but it doesn't have that extra greatness in graphic tech which is something a decent amount of people care about, including myself. A lot of people fall for the hype, and then there are those who don't listen to critics. 

All i'm saying is, it is better to compare exclusives against exclusives. /end rant

just thought I would point out Halo 1 2 and gears 1 are multiplat.

Crysis 2 looks to be better than the first. Enslaved looks to be a better all round game than heavenly Sword, and they are multiplat.

If you are going to play list wars at least use good examples lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

just thought I would point out Halo 1 2 and gears 1 are multiplat.

Crysis 2 looks to be better than the first. Enslaved looks to be a better all round game than heavenly Sword, and they are multiplat.

If you are going to play list wars at least use good examples lol.

I just knew someone like you would take this as a list wars. Do you not even understand what I'm trying to convey? I don't have the patients to explain further. In anycase your views of said games is your opinion, I have my own. Lets leave it as that.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5