By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If square-enix goes multi-plat with FF13vs,what should as fans do?

PsicloneX said:

Hi to all rumor has it and as we know most rumors with square-enix concerning multi-plats become true,that ff13vs is going to 360 also.it happened before with ff13 going multi,and also the length of time it took for that game to come out.

my question to you is what should we as fans do if when ff13vs goes multi-plat?thanks in advance for your input to this thread.

Why do you even put this as your signature?

"Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)"

so in total contradiction with this thread.

just sit, wait, then enjoy the game... 

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
zarx said:
Scoobes said:
zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

Being multiplatform does hurt y enjoyement in a way. I think that when a game is released on a specific platform  the quality tends to be better because the devellopers spent ressources on making a game good rather than thinking about all the potentially more sales that they can get, those games tend to lose their souls. However, a port of a game done by an external company doesn't bother me as much.

Its funny how people always say "exclusive are higher quality than multiplatform" whenever Assassins Creed, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Fallout 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space are just a few examples of excellent multiplatform games.  Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype.

OT:  If the game gets good reviews and your a Final Fantasy fan than pick it up for whichever system you prefer. 

I take this personally. Are you seriously compering those multiplat games against exclusives? I can compare those games  to Crysis, MGS4, Killzone2, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Halo 1-3, Gears etc.

Most of those games you listed pretty much fall under the same genra too. The gameplay is great, but it doesn't have that extra greatness in graphic tech which is something a decent amount of people care about, including myself. A lot of people fall for the hype, and then there are those who don't listen to critics. 

All i'm saying is, it is better to compare exclusives against exclusives. /end rant

just thought I would point out Halo 1 2 and gears 1 are multiplat.

Crysis 2 looks to be better than the first. Enslaved looks to be a better all round game than heavenly Sword, and they are multiplat.

If you are going to play list wars at least use good examples lol.

Multiplat on PC where their is no power cap and the comparison fails. You can do shoddy ports to PC and the game will still look as good on PC as it does on consoles, and in those cases better on PC due to higher res textures. 1

Also, Crysis 2 will probably look better than 1 on PC, but not on consoles. There is a reason they've chosen urban jungle over actual jungle. 2

As for Enslaved vs Heavy Rain, you have to take into consideration the time. When Heavy Rain was released the HD systems were new and it acheived things not seen on the HD consoles at that time. Even now it still looks impressive. I can't think of that many games even now that have that many enemies on screen at any one time on the HD consoles. 3

An exclusive will always have an advantage in that it plays to a systems strengths and the developer can do more to innovate and combat the weaknesses. Multi-plats are held back due to multiple system weaknesses and the need for equality between different versions. 4

1.  what's your point? they are still multiplat.

2. yes it will look better on PC than 1 did despite being multiplat, you see why it is a bad example for a list of "superior" games for being exclusive? And I know all about urban setting lol.

3. Heavenly Sword man not heavy rain lol, I was comparing it to heavenly sword you know the game by the people that are making the multiplat game Enslaved? Anyway yes heavenly sword was and is a very good game technically but Enslaved from what I have seen does look better.

4. And I am not arguing that, I am arguing that the examples the guy used were bad examples for his argument. And if he was going to "play list wars" he would have been better leaving off those games and listing others.

1. Point is the comparison fails with PC and console games because the point of pushing a system is that said system has a power limit. That doesn't happen on PC as the power limit is always increasing.

2. Same thing as 1. On PC, a game will always look superior (with time for tech to improve).

3. I meant Heavenly Sword. I've got Heavy Rain on the brain :P

4. Then I'll stop replying. Your original comment was that "Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype." which I don't think is true. You have hype but can also play to the strengths of a system better than a multiplat.

4. I think you are mistaking which posts are mine lol, I said nothing of the sort you will find it was BenVTrigger who made that comment.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
zarx said:

you posted a list and then you posted a list lol what would you call it. I agree that exclusives are often better than multiplats (multiplats can be just as good tho), but if you are going to make that argument and post a list of exclusives at least make sure they are exclusives, otherwise your argument just looks silly lol. I mean when you are arguing exclusives are better listing multiplats just makes you look like a hypocrite, no offence meant.

exclusive to a console mean anything to you? the architecture of both consoles and pc is different. You should know this. I can't elaborate any better than that.

can you point out where you said console exclusive in your post? I can't see it. And you listed a PC exclusive in your list, and the PS3 and 360 have different architectures I really don't see what difference that makes. Unless you stipulate console exclusive it is against forum rules to claim a game that is on PC and a console is an exclusive you know. 

Well, I tried. I thought you would understand what it is i'm trying to point out, but it seems this is going no where. Have fun.

I think I understand where you are coming from I just think you are wrong, I mean if you are saying being multi with PC doesn't hamper the quality of a console game, doesn't that kind of invalidate your argument that exclusives are better? 

But I am happy to let it lie.

A multiplat will always look better on the architecture it was built on, in this case halo on pc. If you start development on a game with the idea of optimizing for multiple platforms from the ground up on a specific platform, it will always give that platform an edge on performance. It is the same for porting. That is why exclusives are better. And, that list was an example, and a bad one. 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
zarx said:

4. I think you are mistaking which posts are mine lol, I said nothing of the sort you will find it was BenVTrigger who made that comment.

Lol, so I did. My sincere apologies then!

deskpro2k3 said:
zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
zarx said:

you posted a list and then you posted a list lol what would you call it. I agree that exclusives are often better than multiplats (multiplats can be just as good tho), but if you are going to make that argument and post a list of exclusives at least make sure they are exclusives, otherwise your argument just looks silly lol. I mean when you are arguing exclusives are better listing multiplats just makes you look like a hypocrite, no offence meant.

exclusive to a console mean anything to you? the architecture of both consoles and pc is different. You should know this. I can't elaborate any better than that.

can you point out where you said console exclusive in your post? I can't see it. And you listed a PC exclusive in your list, and the PS3 and 360 have different architectures I really don't see what difference that makes. Unless you stipulate console exclusive it is against forum rules to claim a game that is on PC and a console is an exclusive you know. 

Well, I tried. I thought you would understand what it is i'm trying to point out, but it seems this is going no where. Have fun.

I think I understand where you are coming from I just think you are wrong, I mean if you are saying being multi with PC doesn't hamper the quality of a console game, doesn't that kind of invalidate your argument that exclusives are better? 

But I am happy to let it lie.

A multiplat will always look better on the architecture it was built on, in this case halo on pc. If you start development on a game with the idea of optimizing for multiple platforms from the ground up on a specific platform, it will always give that platform an edge on performance. It is the same for porting. That is why exclusives are better. And, that list was an example, and a bad one. 

ok glad we agree

with the small caveat that some games that were heavily optimised for consoles can still look and run better on PC but that is just a hardware issue.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I remember when I used to care. After FF13, I don't give a shi.

Take my love, take my land..

Not a damn thing because if you a fan u will just have more than one choice oF platforms to buy it on. Only a fanboy would complain about it going multi.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

enjoy it duh.

I love the franchise, not the console it is on. More people getting to enjoy the game = more wins. As long as they don't start downgrading or cut out contents for the purpose of porting/multi-platting I'm fine with it.

The only thing that frustrates me is Square Enix not being completely straight with their words, they think they can wrap everyone around their little fingers with just a few twist of words.

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Buy the game?

Not buying a game because it's also on a different platform seems childish.