By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If square-enix goes multi-plat with FF13vs,what should as fans do?

BenVTrigger said:
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

Being multiplatform does hurt y enjoyement in a way. I think that when a game is released on a specific platform  the quality tends to be better because the devellopers spent ressources on making a game good rather than thinking about all the potentially more sales that they can get, those games tend to lose their souls. However, a port of a game done by an external company doesn't bother me as much.

Its funny how people always say "exclusive are higher quality than multiplatform" whenever Assassins Creed, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Fallout 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space are just a few examples of excellent multiplatform games.  Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype.

OT:  If the game gets good reviews and your a Final Fantasy fan than pick it up for whichever system you prefer. 

I take this personally. Are you seriously compering those multiplat games against exclusives? I can compare those games  to Crysis, MGS4, Killzone2, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Halo 1-3, Gears etc.

Most of those games you listed pretty much fall under the same genra too. The gameplay is great, but it doesn't have that extra greatness in graphic tech which is something a decent amount of people care about, including myself. A lot of people fall for the hype, and then there are those who don't listen to critics. 

All i'm saying is, it is better to compare exclusives against exclusives. /end rant

but.....your wrong. 

GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty MW2, Bioshock, Street Fighter 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Assassins Creed 2 all have higher Metacritic's then every game you just listed besides Uncharted 2. 

Also 7 out of the top 10 games for PS3 based on Metacritic are multi-plats, only 3 are exclusives.  Basically the same way on the 360.

So no.  Exclusives aren't generally considered better quality.  At all.  

I'm not wrong at all. i'm not basing my point on other critics opinions....

the fact of the matter is, multiplat can never look as good or better than exclusives. what part of that do you not understand?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

Being multiplatform does hurt y enjoyement in a way. I think that when a game is released on a specific platform  the quality tends to be better because the devellopers spent ressources on making a game good rather than thinking about all the potentially more sales that they can get, those games tend to lose their souls. However, a port of a game done by an external company doesn't bother me as much.

Its funny how people always say "exclusive are higher quality than multiplatform" whenever Assassins Creed, GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Battlefield Bad Company, Fallout 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space are just a few examples of excellent multiplatform games.  Being exclusive means nothing other than lots of hype.

OT:  If the game gets good reviews and your a Final Fantasy fan than pick it up for whichever system you prefer. 

I take this personally. Are you seriously compering those multiplat games against exclusives? I can compare those games  to Crysis, MGS4, Killzone2, GoW3, Uncharted1&2, Demon Souls, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Halo 1-3, Gears etc.

Most of those games you listed pretty much fall under the same genra too. The gameplay is great, but it doesn't have that extra greatness in graphic tech which is something a decent amount of people care about, including myself. A lot of people fall for the hype, and then there are those who don't listen to critics. 

All i'm saying is, it is better to compare exclusives against exclusives. /end rant

but.....your wrong. 

GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty MW2, Bioshock, Street Fighter 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Assassins Creed 2 all have higher Metacritic's then every game you just listed besides Uncharted 2. 

Also 7 out of the top 10 games for PS3 based on Metacritic are multi-plats, only 3 are exclusives.  Basically the same way on the 360.

the fact of the matter is, multiplat can never look as good or better than exclusives. what part of that do you not understand?

really sorry to but in again but crysis 2 will probably be the best looking PC game despite being a multiplat game. But that that is more to do with the fact that their are very few AAA exclusives on PC :(. But anyway to be safe never say never there are always exceptions to every rule. It is safer to say usually or almost never. Again not an attack I just hate it when people make flawed arguments, as especially when I generally agree with it.

As I said exclusives are easier to make into a truly excellent game. But this gen multiplats have been very close, and some of the multiplats coming up rival if not exceed most exclusives, games like RAGE, Crysis, Arkum city, Enslaved, BRINK and Vanquish are some of the best looking games of all time. That said games like Killzone 3, Gears 3, Infamous 2, GT5 and damn can't think of an up coming game that is certainly exclusive for the PC god that sucks. Ok for the rest of the gen multiplats seem to be better than exclusives, I guess that just goes to show good some of these devs are that they can push 3 platforms almost as far or further  than even exclusives other than a few PS3 exclusives, which can be explained by the very powerful but hard to fully utilise and heavily bottlenecked architecture. I guess Sony are the only ones that can/are willing to put the money up for true exclusives. And that some of the best devs are working on multiplats this gen. 

But the point still stands that exclusives are easier to utilise and push a platform to it's fullest. But great devs with big budgets can overcome most of the disadvantages and most of the best devs and biggest budgets are working on multiplats. I wish there were more big good devs working on exclusives for all platforms, but there is more money in multiplats and only Sony seems to be willing to front the cash ATM.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

to the guy posting about what i wrote in my sig please don,t take it to that level ok,this thread is not about me cool?it is to get the reactions of people,to see if it is really that big a deal when a game goes multi-plat.

and from the pattern i see in the thread it really makes little difference to th majority of gamers on here,of course you will always get people who would give away their own blood rather see others get to play some games that were once exclusive to the platform.and of course they are the thread derailers.thanks for your input one and all

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Seriously why should people care If you are a fan of the game and or genre buy it and play it on your system of preference (that is what I will be doing geting it for my PS3) and hope it is not delayed by a Mutiplatform release. but I am shore the Console FANBOYS will meltdown and nerd rage all over the net LOL.       

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

zarx said:
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
deskpro2k3 said:
BenVTrigger said:
nostromos said:

but.....your wrong. 

really sorry to but in again but crysis 2 will probably be the best looking PC game despite being a multiplat game. But that that is more to do with the fact that their are very few AAA exclusives on PC :(. But anyway to be safe never say never there are always exceptions to every rule. It is safer to say usually or almost never. Again not an attack I just hate it when people make flawed arguments, as especially when I generally agree with it.

As I said exclusives are easier to make into a truly excellent game. But this gen multiplats have been very close, and some of the multiplats coming up rival if not exceed most exclusives, games like RAGE, Crysis, Arkum city, Enslaved, BRINK and Vanquish are some of the best looking games of all time. That said games like Killzone 3, Gears 3, Infamous 2, GT5 and damn can't think of an up coming game that is certainly exclusive for the PC god that sucks. Ok for the rest of the gen multiplats seem to be better than exclusives, I guess that just goes to show good some of these devs are that they can push 3 platforms almost as far or further  than even exclusives other than a few PS3 exclusives, which can be explained by the very powerful but hard to fully utilise and heavily bottlenecked architecture. I guess Sony are the only ones that can/are willing to put the money up for true exclusives. And that some of the best devs are working on multiplats this gen. 

But the point still stands that exclusives are easier to utilise and push a platform to it's fullest. But great devs with big budgets can overcome most of the disadvantages and most of the best devs and biggest budgets are working on multiplats. I wish there were more big good devs working on exclusives for all platforms, but there is more money in multiplats and only Sony seems to be willing to front the cash ATM.

I'm really not sure what it is with you and PC.

As far as I know, this thread is about FFv13.

I'll like to throw this out there in case you didn't know, PC graphic cards and hardware is always upgrading. Of course a multiplat game built on its architecture in this day in age will look better on it. But, on consoles my point still stands, no matter what devs do, their will be compromises making multiplats instead of focusing on one architecture.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Not be fanboys and enjoy the game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

sit with your thumb in your mouth and rock back and forth

Like the others have said you should get the game on your console of choice.  That's what I'm going to do.  I'm also going to enjoy the meltdown on the threads and laugh at the people who get so emotional over a videogame.

i dont care, like other ppl have said the more ppl that can experience the game and enjoy it. then all the better, if it does happen i think it will launch in japan only on ps3 ( 1 year exclusive like ff13 , then come to the 360 in japan ), then launch worldwide in the states and europe on both systems just like ff13. 

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

As I've said before.

Release it on the 360? Yeah. Sure.

Delay the PS3 version so you can release it on 360... No. Fuck no.

My thoughts.

I don't want to wait even longer for a game to release just because they want to get some quick cash from a userbase that wont buy it as much as the PS3 userbase (that it's been promised exclusive to since reveal) anyway.

/mini rant