By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Church plans to burn the Quran on Sept. 11

I don't think it is right to burn any book but they have the right too I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I'm against destroying anybodies holy text. While I agree they should have the right to do this, it just makes them look like arseholes.

I love the policy of two wrongs make a right.

This is just immature...

Not a fan of book burning myself.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
RCTjunkie said:
Chrizum said:
RCTjunkie said:

Oh, Lord.

This is just wrong. This is exactly like the mosque. They have a right, but it's just wrong.

They don't have a right. It is agains the law.

But is it because of religion, or safety reasons? The article leaves that part out.

If it's for religous reasons, I would defend the people that want to burn the Quran because of religous freedom.

If it's for safety reasons, then I don't really know.

Too bad we'll never know what reason it's REALLY for....

It is also illegal to burn the American flag.

Unless of course you are destroying the flag due to wear and tear.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't they supposed to be teaching some god's word about compassion and forgiveness? Yet more proof that they're friggin' hypocrits. But then again, this really isn't a surprise. I don't particularly care for a mosque there (though this would also apply to any religious building), but they've gone through the legal avenues to secure it. This burning doesn't appear to be permitted, and its only real purpose is to incite anger and possibly a riot.

Hey, NYC, how's about this: if they defy the law and have the "bonfire", revoke their tax exempt status!

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

This is extremist BS and I am a Christian. Like many others I have friends from all religions and study them all. But hey, let the hick times roll....

Chrizum said:
RCTjunkie said:
Chrizum said:
RCTjunkie said:

Oh, Lord.

This is just wrong. This is exactly like the mosque. They have a right, but it's just wrong.

They don't have a right. It is agains the law.

But is it because of religion, or safety reasons? The article leaves that part out.

If it's for religous reasons, I would defend the people that want to burn the Quran because of religous freedom.

If it's for safety reasons, then I don't really know.

Too bad we'll never know what reason it's REALLY for....

It is also illegal to burn the American flag.

Interesting people get upset over burning the flag, but no one makes issue of burning the constitution.   Burning the flag is legal.  You just can't set fires anywhere.

Anyhow, I recommend people check the Penn and Teller bit on burning the flag.

In regards to burning the Qu'ran, people are free to.  I don't think it is smart or respectful however.  It is ironic the person advocating the burning in the program said he never read the Qu'ran.  Maybe he should, to answer Islam, instead of this.  As for myself, I am more concern Christians try to link their faith to political events happening in the United States. 

I also don't care if they wanted to build an Islamic cultural center near 9/11.  Doing this might drive Islam to be shaped and expressed in ways that people don't fly planes into buildings and Americans better understand Islam.

mirgro said:

If you are going to burn books like the Nazis, just burn all the Qurans and Bibles and be done with this fairytale bullshit retards are dying over.

If that's your logic, then we'd have to burn "On the Origin of Species" as well.