By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Church plans to burn the Quran on Sept. 11

Serious_frusting said:

God why do people get so serious over what is story books?

If i had my way all holly books would get burned. Any self respecting adult would never read anything holy and think its real.

I aint trying to be rude but when i see someone who is of "faith" I always question the sanity of that person. I always assume that they are crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. 2 me someone who is religous is as mad as a grown up who thinks santa is real

that is just taking it to far, they are just uneducated/brainwashed not crazy.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
whatever said:
TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T2

How can it possibly endanger troops? Obama's administration has told us time and time again, that the attacks on the US have nothing to do with Islamic extremest. If fact, some have gone as far as saying they don't even exist.

Islam is nothing more then a peaceful religion. To think anything other then this, is to be a racist bigoted American.

Show me one quote where someone said that the 9/11 attacks had nothing to do with Islamic extremists.

The rest of your sarcastic (and useless) comment is not worth responding to.

We are not talking about the past, we are talking about the future.

Here is an article where Obama removed "Islamic Radicalism" from our foreign policy documents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/07/politics/main6371159.shtml

See, just listen to the white house. It doesn't exist.

zarx said:
Serious_frusting said:

God why do people get so serious over what is story books?

If i had my way all holly books would get burned. Any self respecting adult would never read anything holy and think its real.

I aint trying to be rude but when i see someone who is of "faith" I always question the sanity of that person. I always assume that they are crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. 2 me someone who is religous is as mad as a grown up who thinks santa is real

that is just taking it to far, they are just uneducated/brainwashed not crazy.

I agree zarx, there is no need to resort to such acts, really shows how raional of a person you really are. All I'll say is this: it benifits noone and only breeds hate, why do it? you may question their sanity, and that's your right, but believing in that stuff is theirs, and as long as it's hurting noone, it'll stay that way. I'm just glad you DON'T have your way**

**talking to Serious_frusting there

miz1q2w3e said:

it benifits noone and only breeds hate, why do it? 

because they have a right to.

There is no law in the US, that says I can't hate anyone I want. I just can't infringe on there rights. I can hate them all I want.

See here is what I don't get. I will make a statement:

"You have a religion doing something that offends some people, but is well within there rights."

That statement could be about the Islamic Center, or about this Church. It makes do difference to me what one we are talking about.

But, we have a group of people who are for the Islamic Center on the grounds of religious freedom, and against this Church. Why the hypocrisy?

Around the Network

So all you who are against this, what do you think of these guys?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100906/twl-uk-afghanistan-protest-bd5ae06.html

TheRealMafoo said:
miz1q2w3e said:

it benifits noone and only breeds hate, why do it? 

because they have a right to.

There is no law in the US, that says I can't hate anyone I want. I just can't infringe on there rights. I can hate them all I want.

see, there's no actual benifit to doing that, it only promotes hatred..etc and doesn't solve any problems (might even cuase some).

like being a jerk isn't againts the law either, yet being polite/civilized/kind is considered a good thing, as human beings i believe that's the way for us (the human race) to pregress

besides, you think it'll just end there? i'm sure somebody out there is gonna want to "respond" right back at them. no need for all this at all

TheRealMafoo said:

That's wrong too, you're point?

besides, look at this:  "United States government in no way condones such acts of disrespect against the religion of Islam, and is deeply concerned about deliberate attempts to offend members of religious or ethnic groups." (from your link)

more people that think it's bad

Sorry to keep posting these things, but....

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Is from that article linked above.

I am sorry, we really have things backwards here. We have a group of stupid people in Florida, who due to not liking a Mosque going up in NY, chose to burn some books. BFD, no one gets hurt, and some books go poof.

Now, in retaliation to this, we think some people around the world are going to take this information, and start killing people with it. So, one group burns books, and one group murders people, and we are apologetic about the morons in Florida?

This is like someone sticking there tong out at someone, and getting there face blown off for it, and taking the side of the guy who pulled the trigger.

If burning a book makes someone want to kill, I say bring it.

miz1q2w3e said:
TheRealMafoo said:

That's wrong too, you're point?

besides, look at this:  "United States government in no way condones such acts of disrespect against the religion of Islam, and is deeply concerned about deliberate attempts to offend members of religious or ethnic groups." (from your link)

more people that think it's bad

Of course it's bad. But come on. I burn your book, you blow up my building? Who's the bad guy?