By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Church plans to burn the Quran on Sept. 11

TheRealMafoo said:
zarx said:
TheRealMafoo said:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704282504575471870674163414.html

I thought this was an interesting article. Turning religious freedom around, to see if all the people who support the building of that Mosque will defend this churches freedoms.

Clever move if you ask me.

how is this turning religious freedom around?  the building of a mosque is a freedom, burning another religion's holly text is discrimination, it is in act with the sole purpose of pissing of one religious group. 

But I support their right to do it (if they can do it legally) as I support the rights of the people who wan't to build the mosque, even if I disagree with both religions.

This is not a clever move, it is ignorant, inflammatory and stupid.

It was clever enough to piss you off, and that's the real reason they are doing it, I would guess.

And burning any book is not discrimination.

how did it piss me off? you thinking it was cleaver in anyway pisses me off, what they did just makes me sad to belong to the same race as them.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I honestly couldn't care less about people being offended or forcing people to be respectful. People don't have the right to not not be offended as they say.

I dislike all book burning myself as its such a willful act of ignorance in many cases and is often done by people that haven't even read the books in question. Just like next to none of the Muslims that burned Salman Rushdies book hadn't read it and probably never will.

I don't like book burning myself, but hey, if they can do it legally then I honestly wouldn't try to stop them from doing it.

richardhutnik said:
Chrizum said:
RCTjunkie said:
Chrizum said:
RCTjunkie said:

Oh, Lord.

This is just wrong. This is exactly like the mosque. They have a right, but it's just wrong.

They don't have a right. It is agains the law.

But is it because of religion, or safety reasons? The article leaves that part out.

If it's for religous reasons, I would defend the people that want to burn the Quran because of religous freedom.

If it's for safety reasons, then I don't really know.

Too bad we'll never know what reason it's REALLY for....

It is also illegal to burn the American flag.

Interesting people get upset over burning the flag, but no one makes issue of burning the constitution.   Burning the flag is legal.  You just can't set fires anywhere.

Anyhow, I recommend people check the Penn and Teller bit on burning the flag.

In regards to burning the Qu'ran, people are free to.  I don't think it is smart or respectful however.  It is ironic the person advocating the burning in the program said he never read the Qu'ran.  Maybe he should, to answer Islam, instead of this.  As for myself, I am more concern Christians try to link their faith to political events happening in the United States. 

I also don't care if they wanted to build an Islamic cultural center near 9/11.  Doing this might drive Islam to be shaped and expressed in ways that people don't fly planes into buildings and Americans better understand Islam.

Thank you sir.

And seriously guys i'm muslim i dont mind you burning my quran just when those asshole muslim extremist burn your bible don't rage on them.... i respect all religions from judaism to christianity to buddaism to athiesm or watever just like what my Quran says you have your religion and i have mine so my quran is telling me not to harm any other religion and keep my religious business to myself unless i wanna help for good not bad... fuck osama bin laden! cause us muslims an awful stereotype all around the world... you cant pass the security as a muslim without getting extra checked :O unless ur a diplomat like me lol (son of a diplomat) so i got mah diplomatic passport :DD

TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T2

How can it possibly endanger troops? Obama's administration has told us time and time again, that the attacks on the US have nothing to do with Islamic extremest. If fact, some have gone as far as saying they don't even exist.

Islam is nothing more then a peaceful religion. To think anything other then this, is to be a racist bigoted American.

Show me one quote where someone said that the 9/11 attacks had nothing to do with Islamic extremists.

The rest of your sarcastic (and useless) comment is not worth responding to.

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of atheists showed up and brought a truckload of bibles to burn too.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of atheists showed up and brought a truckload of bibles to burn too.

I would laugh and then condemn both groups for being arrogant douches. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

TheRealMafoo said:
whatever said:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T2

How can it possibly endanger troops? Obama's administration has told us time and time again, that the attacks on the US have nothing to do with Islamic extremest. If fact, some have gone as far as saying they don't even exist.

Islam is nothing more then a peaceful religion. To think anything other then this, is to be a racist bigoted American.

wait are you being sarcastic?

now on topic: I don't like the idea of burning books, especially peoples' holy texts, it means something great to them and it only leads to hatred and doesn't benifit anyone in any way, nevermind being completely hypocritical in this case. they're just being immature and are just trying to "get back" at muslims in their own senseless way

Actually this is just like the Mosque, just not in the way the Church thinks it is. Opposition to the mosque reflects intolerance, cultural and religious prejudice, and playing in to the hands of those who would seek to use negative attitudes in the west as a recruiting tool for radical Islam.

Burning a Quran reflects reflects intolerance, cultural and religious prejudice, and playing in to the hands of those who would seek to use negative attitudes in the west as a recruiting tool for radicalIslam.

Such a mature response. But what does one expect from radicalised Christianity?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

What Americans should really do is bomb every mosque in America.That'll change their opinions of us.

God why do people get so serious over what is story books?

If i had my way all holly books would get burned. Any self respecting adult would never read anything holy and think its real.

I aint trying to be rude but when i see someone who is of "faith" I always question the sanity of that person. I always assume that they are crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy. 2 me someone who is religous is as mad as a grown up who thinks santa is real

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st