By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Church plans to burn the Quran on Sept. 11

TheRealMafoo said:
miz1q2w3e said:
TheRealMafoo said:

So all you who are against this, what do you think of these guys?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100906/twl-uk-afghanistan-protest-bd5ae06.html

That's wrong too, you're point?

besides, look at this:  "United States government in no way condones such acts of disrespect against the religion of Islam, and is deeply concerned about deliberate attempts to offend members of religious or ethnic groups." (from your link)

more people that think it's bad

Of course it's bad. But come on. I burn your book, you blow up my building? Who's the bad guy?

I'm glad you agree.

To answer your question, I think the second guy is worse of course, but the first guy is anything but "right" imo

Around the Network

Doesn't this classify as a fuckin hate crime?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

SmoothCriminal said:
mirgro said:
SmoothCriminal said:
mirgro said:

If you are going to burn books like the Nazis, just burn all the Qurans and Bibles and be done with this fairytale bullshit retards are dying over.

If that's your logic, then we'd have to burn "On the Origin of Species" as well.

Not really no. If you are trying to pull the whole "evolution is also blind faith" schtick, I am sorry but you are mistaken. I would also love to hear which scientific leader has ended up murdering millions because he read about some idiot on mushrooms/acid in some fairytale book.

I'm an evolutionist myself, believe it or not. But I also believe in a god (though it's hard to say exactly which one). And I'd just like to point out that Josef Mengele murdered and tortured many people in the name of "science". I believe 6 million died in Auschwitz, am I right?

First of all, 6 millions is the total amount of jews that died in the entire war, not in auschwitz. Also, as far as figures go, 6 million is nothing compared to what the Bible and the Quran have wrought throughout the ages. Second, he didn't even murder everyone in Auschwitz, his experiments were a much smaller subset of the people that died there. Lastly, his experiments had jack shit to do with evolution, so I'm guessing you just pulled Darwin's book out of your ass.

TheRealMafoo said:

Sorry to keep posting these things, but....

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Is from that article linked above.

I am sorry, we really have things backwards here. We have a group of stupid people in Florida, who due to not liking a Mosque going up in NY, chose to burn some books. BFD, no one gets hurt, and some books go poof.

Now, in retaliation to this, we think some people around the world are going to take this information, and start killing people with it. So, one group burns books, and one group murders people, and we are apologetic about the morons in Florida?

This is like someone sticking there tong out at someone, and getting there face blown off for it, and taking the side of the guy who pulled the trigger.

If burning a book makes someone want to kill, I say bring it.

Actually, to be honest, that sounds exactly how Israel operates. It overreacts to the smallest thing as if it was that idiot bully in school witht he small dick, trying to prove otherwise.

TheRealMafoo said:

So all you who are against this, what do you think of these guys?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100906/twl-uk-afghanistan-protest-bd5ae06.html

those afghans should be shot along with the rest of the taliban.  the taliban dynamited 2 1500 year old buddhist statues.  bet those scum never saw a problem with the taliban removing such offensive things...  just them doing their duties as good and proper muslims should.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

I am sorry, we really have things backwards here. We have a group of stupid people in Florida, who due to not liking a Mosque going up in NY, chose to burn some books. BFD, no one gets hurt, and some books go poof.

Now, in retaliation to this, we think some people around the world are going to take this information, and start killing people with it. So, one group burns books, and one group murders people, and we are apologetic about the morons in Florida?

This is like someone sticking there tong out at someone, and getting there face blown off for it, and taking the side of the guy who pulled the trigger.

You're missing the point entirely. Just because you (and I think all others on this board) strongly oppose one group in this conflict, the extremist Muslims, doesn't mean you have to support the idiots burning the Quran. Both groups are doing something wrong, yes the extremist Muslims are doing something much much more wrong - doesn't make the book burners right.

You shouldn't avoid burning the Quran out of fear of being hurt by Muslims, you should avoid burning the Quran because it's an entirely offensive and unnessecary gesture of hate.

Also comparing it to sticking the tongue out at somebody completely underestimates the level of offensiveness of this, there isn't really anything left in Western culture that lives up to the level of offensiveness because we've become pretty thick skinned (mostly due to free speech) but the closest would probably be calling a black person by the 'N' word. Don't take this as condoning their violence or threats by the way, it's not, but I completely understand their anger.

I don't mind them burning one so long as they burn the bible at the same time. They shouldn't discriminate against Christians like that by giving muslims preferrential treatment.

Tease.

Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:

You're missing the point entirely. Just because you (and I think all others on this board) strongly oppose one group in this conflict, the extremist Muslims, doesn't mean you have to support the idiots burning the Quran. Both groups are doing something wrong, yes the extremist Muslims are doing something much much more wrong - doesn't make the book burners right.

You shouldn't avoid burning the Quran out of fear of being hurt by Muslims, you should avoid burning the Quran because it's an entirely offensive and unnessecary gesture of hate.

Also comparing it to sticking the tongue out at somebody completely underestimates the level of offensiveness of this, there isn't really anything left in Western culture that lives up to the level of offensiveness because we've become pretty thick skinned (mostly due to free speech) but the closest would probably be calling a black person by the 'N' word. Don't take this as condoning their violence or threats by the way, it's not, but I completely understand their anger.

So if I called someone the 'N" word, and he shot me in the face, that's understandable?

Come on. I get sick of the US and our culture always being the ones that are "wrong", when the worst we do as a people is voice our opinion and demonstrate.

You don't see Christian Extremist groups heading over to the middle east and blowing shit up.

ShadowSoldier said:

Doesn't this classify as a fuckin hate crime?

Not even close. 

TheRealMafoo said:
Rath said:
TheRealMafoo said:

So if I called someone the 'N" word, and he shot me in the face, that's understandable?

No, I specifically said I didn't condone violence or threats, both for the N word and for burning the Quran. Re-read my post. I do understand their anger though, which in my opinion should be expressed through peaceful protest.

Come on. I get sick of the US and our culture always being the ones that are "wrong", when the worst we do as a people is voice our opinion and demonstrate.

In this case both groups are wrong, the people using violence are much more wrong but that doesn't stop the people burning Qurans from being wrong as well.

You don't see Christian Extremist groups heading over to the middle east and blowing shit up.

No you don't. Doesn't mean that doing acts of hate less than blowing shit up is a good thing though.