By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Church plans to burn the Quran on Sept. 11

SmoothCriminal said:
mirgro said:

If you are going to burn books like the Nazis, just burn all the Qurans and Bibles and be done with this fairytale bullshit retards are dying over.

If that's your logic, then we'd have to burn "On the Origin of Species" as well.

Not really no. If you are trying to pull the whole "evolution is also blind faith" schtick, I am sorry but you are mistaken. I would also love to hear which scientific leader has ended up murdering millions because he read about some idiot on mushrooms/acid in some fairytale book.

Around the Network

So that Church wants War!?  They need to pull their f*kn heads in and consider how it may impact on others... especially Islamic people.  I'm a Christian and I think this is wrong.  What right does one religion have over the other.  There  are many great Islamic people and many who hate terriost as much as the world does. What happened to "Turn the other cheek". This Church is blind if they can't see what EVIL they are doing.  For many Centuries the Church has done many wrong things and will need to be accountable for past actions.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:

So that Church wants War!?  They need to pull their f*kn head and consider how it may impact on others... especially Islamic people.  I'm a Christian and I think this is wrong.  What right does one religion have over the other.  There  are many great Islamic people and many who hate terriost as much as the world does. What happened to "Turn the other cheek". This Church is blind if they can't see what EVIL they are doing.  For many Centuries the Church has done many wrong things and will need to be accountable for past actions.

I am sorry, but what is this Church doing to other religions? No one is taking action against any religious organization, or people. 

All they are doing, is going to the bookstore, buying some paper with ink on it, and creating fire with it.

I have already seen two people in this thread that were behind the Islamic Center regardless of who it pissed off, showing unhappiness with this move.

Kind of makes you think doesn't it?

hypocrites

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T2

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704282504575471870674163414.html

I thought this was an interesting article. Turning religious freedom around, to see if all the people who support the building of that Mosque will defend this churches freedoms.

Clever move if you ask me.

how is this turning religious freedom around?  the building of a mosque is a freedom, burning another religion's holly text is discrimination, it is in act with the sole purpose of pissing of one religious group. 

But I support their right to do it (if they can do it legally) as I support the rights of the people who wan't to build the mosque, even if I disagree with both religions.

This is not a clever move, it is ignorant, inflammatory and stupid.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

whatever said:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/06/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T2

How can it possibly endanger troops? Obama's administration has told us time and time again, that the attacks on the US have nothing to do with Islamic extremest. If fact, some have gone as far as saying they don't even exist.

Islam is nothing more then a peaceful religion. To think anything other then this, is to be a racist bigoted American.

Burning books in a bonfire... where have I heard something like that happening in history? Oh yeah...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_book_burnings

I expect to see Glen Beck dancing naked around the flames in the news highlights.

Edit: Nice to see Im not the only one to make the comparison... shame Im so late getting on the boat

zarx said:
TheRealMafoo said:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704282504575471870674163414.html

I thought this was an interesting article. Turning religious freedom around, to see if all the people who support the building of that Mosque will defend this churches freedoms.

Clever move if you ask me.

how is this turning religious freedom around?  the building of a mosque is a freedom, burning another religion's holly text is discrimination, it is in act with the sole purpose of pissing of one religious group. 

But I support their right to do it (if they can do it legally) as I support the rights of the people who wan't to build the mosque, even if I disagree with both religions.

This is not a clever move, it is ignorant, inflammatory and stupid.

It was clever enough to piss you off, and that's the real reason they are doing it, I would guess.

And burning any book is not discrimination.

mirgro said:
SmoothCriminal said:
mirgro said:

If you are going to burn books like the Nazis, just burn all the Qurans and Bibles and be done with this fairytale bullshit retards are dying over.

If that's your logic, then we'd have to burn "On the Origin of Species" as well.

Not really no. If you are trying to pull the whole "evolution is also blind faith" schtick, I am sorry but you are mistaken. I would also love to hear which scientific leader has ended up murdering millions because he read about some idiot on mushrooms/acid in some fairytale book.

I'm an evolutionist myself, believe it or not. But I also believe in a god (though it's hard to say exactly which one). And I'd just like to point out that Josef Mengele murdered and tortured many people in the name of "science". I believe 6 million died in Auschwitz, am I right?