By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS Move will fail

It's a good thing that the Move will also be utilized in hardcore titles. You can't call a device exclusively casual just because it's motion-based. I believe the Move will bring out aspects of play that the Wii failed to do, through innovation, diversity, and accuracy. That's what Sony's good at.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network

Great analisis DirtyP. I agree with you that Move will fail because it's a mish mash and doesn't know what it wants to be. To be honest none of the Move games is exactly impressing people. I haven't seen anyone truly excited for anything on the Move.

Meanwhile Kinnect is strictly focused only on the casual audience for now. It's the right thing to do. If it later turns out that the device will be useful for hardcore games they will come naturally with time but it's wise to not force them out. Kinect is not meant to attract Xbox male teens.

Dance Central will steal the girls.

The Fitness game will steal the moms.

And Kinectimals will steal the kids.

ArnoldRimmer said:
Severance said:

you guys are all beating on a dead horse, even if it was explained a million times before DirtyP will still make this little parade again.

I guess you're right. DirtyP probably only wants to badmouth PS Move, he most probably doesn't even own a PS3.

Has he ever said something good about Sony? I remember him giving sony's presentation in E3 a 1/5. I mean was it really that bad? I personally don't own an x-box360, but still acknowledge its impact and success. I hate fps, but I do realise that Halo is a fantastic exclusive and I wish I could buy an 360 just for Fable 2 and 3.

Also, as many have mentioned, there are many casual games for MOVE.

However, I think we all agree that Kinect will be much more successful, because of good advertising or simply by appearing innovative to the public (since most casuals never heard of Eye Toy).

Porcupine_I said:

@OP: Could it be that you spend more time hating the PS3 then loving the 360?

[  ] add something intelligent

[x] flame the OP

nice choice.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@dirtyP & Slimebeast

kinect will not have voice control when released. Start getting worry about microsofts epic fail

Around the Network

They didn't "copy" the wii mote.. they had the tech well before the wii mote was ever announced.. they showed video of it back in 2001 when they were working on it with the ps2. The wii obviously had an influence on them releasing it though..

as for what's innovative.. sony did release the eye toy for the ps2.. So really you can't say any of them brings anything drasticly new to the table

mM

Also, I think this gives points to Move: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115009&page=1

Now we just need developers to use it!

Rainbird said:

Also, I think this gives points to Move: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115009&page=1

They are.. the move has many games announced for it.. gamescon had like 3 or 4 new titles announced for it.

mM
Cthulhu said:

@dirtyP & Slimebeast

kinect will not have voice control when released. Start getting worry about microsofts epic fail

Looks like it is dashboaed only. Voice recognition in games like Kinectimals works just fine I think.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

leo-j said:
Rainbird said:

They are.. the move has many games announced for it.. gamescon had like 3 or 4 new titles announced for it.

But we need more! MOAR! ;O