By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS Move will fail

Start the Party

Singstar Dance

Sports Champions

EyePet

Ape Escape

Toy Story 3.

These are all casual Move titles, most of which are releasing at launch.

Motion controls dont have to be just casual. They do infact provide the opportunity for different experiences, like holding a flashlight in Echochrome 2, or drinking a potion in Sorcery, or provide the "quick fun" you were talking about earlier with all of the above titles.

Sony is catering to both the casual and hardcore gamer. So in my opinion, the Move will be a moderate success!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

you guys are all beating on a dead horse, even if it was explained a million times before DirtyP will still make this little parade again.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

you guys are all beating on a dead horse, even if it was explained a million times before DirtyP will still make this little parade again.

I guess you're right. DirtyP probably only wants to badmouth PS Move, he most probably doesn't even own a PS3.

Kinect = a better eyetoy. So praise it and disclaim move is really bullshit.

Move will not be as successful as Kinect....but its games are being praised by the media...especially that little gem called Sorcery.

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Move will not be as successful as Kinect....but its games are being praised by the media...especially that little gem called Sorcery.

Exactly! I totally agree with you.

This talk about fail or success is dumb anyway. For most people Move will be a fail just because Kinect sold more or moved more systems...

So it will be successful, it will increase PS3 sales and will make sure that the PS3 has a longer lifecycle (even if it is not as successful as Kinect).

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

I believe that Sony are trying to get core gamers on board too. With titles like Sorcery, KZ3, LBP2, RE5 and HR receiving Move support, people might be tempted to pick it up cause its a new way to play their favourite games. I sure as hell am.

Kinect on the other hand looks like a much more casual experience. 

I believe Kinect will sell buttloads of units, and Move will initially struggle. But as time passes, Move will drag along and with more games releasing, more people will buy it.

The thing about is that Sony are pitching it to both core gamers and more casual gamers at the same time. They have plenty of games for both, unlike Microsoft who right now have way more casual games than core games for Kinect. So technically, Sony is making the Move appealing to a broader audience than Microsoft with Kinect. Your logic doesn't make sense!

I will buy Move. For Killzone3 and Littlebigplanet2...if SportsChampions comes free with it then thats a plus

@OP: Could it be that you spend more time hating the PS3 then loving the 360?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’