By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why PS Move will fail

Cthulhu said:

@dirtyP & Slimebeast

kinect will not have voice control when released. Start getting worry about microsofts epic fail

lol...

M8, do you really believe Move has a chance against Kinnect?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Cthulhu said:

@dirtyP & Slimebeast

kinect will not have voice control when released. Start getting worry about microsofts epic fail

lol...

M8, do you really believe Move has a chance against Kinnect?

Seriously why you think Kinect will change the gaming world?

DirtyP2002 said:
Cthulhu said:

@dirtyP & Slimebeast

Looks like it is dashboaed only. Voice recognition in games like Kinectimals works just fine I think.

So no voice chat 2. Btw thats something they presented at E3 and they cant deliver

If I had posted a thread like "Why wii will fail" It would have been locked..

mM

kinect vs move is the only thing that sux. now everyone, stop acting like children !

Around the Network
leo-j said:

and you probably would be banned

DirtyP2002 said:

This whole post is of course IMO.

First of all Move is not that big of an innovation. Sony decided to play it safe and copy the Wiimote. Sure it is more precise, but the overall experience is not that different. Check the picture in my sig. Copying the Wii is not a bad thing anyway. It clearly outsold its competitors, so why not do what the cool guy does.

Sony is doing a big mistake with the games for the move. They are making hardcore titles move compatible. Did anyone actually ask for this? When you played Killzone 2, did you say to yourself 'Damn, I would love to play this with a device similar to the Wiimote'?

Killzone 2 players are a very hardcore audience. They play the game with the regular controller anyway. Casual players that might like the Wii don't want to play a game like Killzone 2. The same goes for Socom IV. Core titles like madworld, Conduit and others proofed that the Wii and its controlls is not the best for FPS or different core titles. It surely has its strengths in different areas and some crazy sales for some games proof that.

Sony needs to make software that is perfect for the hardware. They created a more casual device but make core-titles for it. You can say, they made the same mistake with the PSP. Outside of Japan, the PSP is not that relevant these days. Sony made and secured core titles for a handheld a lot of people wanted to play on big screen. God of War, Metal gear solid peace Walker are two perfect examples. Great games, no doubt, but they just work better on the big screen. Nintendo on the other hand did the right software for the hardware. Ninetndogs, Pokemon, Scribblenauts, Mario Kart, Brain Training work very well on a handheld, because you can play for 5 minutes, have fun, turn the device off and keep doing what you did before.

MS developed Kinect and made Casual games for it. Kinect is a casual device, and they deliver the software for it. There is nothing wrong with that. So far, Kinect is not my most wanted device ever, because I am a core gamer, but I see the potential and might pick it up as soon as core games are available. I will pick one up for my mother though. She wants to use Video on Demand and maybe she will play some titles like Yourshape or Kinect Adventures, too.

So saying Move is more a hardcore, so it will have more legs, sell more or whatever is actually not a good thing. Motion Controlls are very social and very casual, a Killzone 3 is not a game that works this way. Core player will prefer the controller (or keyboard / mouse) any day. Sony just failed to deliver the perfect software for the hardware. Nintendo and so far MS did.

First paragraph - The same can be said of Kinect/PS Eye. It's not THAT much different. Actually, the PSEye has features that Kinect wont have at launch. Voice chat being one of them... So that really shouldn't matter to "innovation".

You totally ignore all the "casual" software they are releasing for it. There are 36 3rd party developers making games for it. Not just Sony themselves. Sony's own efforts aren't all for the hardcore.

Ape Escape
Beat Sketch
Heroes on the Move
Kung Fu Rider
LBP2
Singstar Dance
Sly Collection
Sorcery
Sports Champions
Start The Party
Tumble
TV Superstars

Those are the announced games from Sony alone. Nevermind the 3rd parties releasing plenty of games, some exclusives for it like Virtua Tennis 4 and Time Crisis.

Sony are targeting both audiences, "hardcore" and "casual". If the Move itself fails, then at least Sony attempted it the way it's supposed to be done. Not just releasing a bunch of shovelware crap like numerous other companies.

Cthulhu said:
leo-j said:

Stop. Now you two are childish.

There's been plenty of Kinect will fail threads.

Slimebeast said:
Cthulhu said:
leo-j said:

My bad.

Slimebeast said:
Cthulhu said:
leo-j said:

link me one

mM