By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When did you get your Wii ?

North American launch. I had no preorder, but I worked in the mall that night for a graveyard shift. By time my shift was over the mall doors were still locked. So my and my co-worker(whom had a preorder) just sat outside the EB Games. I got one of the normal stock. It also helped that my co-worker was a favored customer.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

exact date, can't remember, but it was the second week of december.. it was my christmas self-present, but i ruined the surprise myself, because back then it was heard that there was a problem connecting the console online 4 the first same :S so i did that the same day. My wallet was hurt: $450 and the first game Zelda: another $80

2 months ago, my cousin bought for me :D

Now, unlike people who bought at launch, I have dozens of games to play, and never will be annoying by the constant reclamation of no games. I'm I smart or not?

Above: still the best game of the year.

December 2006.

Still have my old clanker from australian launch day and its still going strong with not a tehnical problem in sight, these things are built like bricks, not the flashiest and the library can seem pretty restrictive (imo) at times but definitely the most reliable

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

Around the Network

Launch day in Canada. I remember it well...cold morning at 5:00am standing outside the Future Shop with about 20 others. At 7:30am they gave us tickets and told us to come back at 10:00am when they open. At 10:00am there were about 50 other people all upset that only the ticket holders would get a Wii. Several people showed up between 10:30 and 11:00 just as I was leaving shouting at the store clerks for advertising a product that was not in stock. I still have that unit and it has never failed me once. On all the time for Wii Connect and used almost every week since I bought it.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

November 19, 2006

I was the 28th person in line, and there were 32 Wiis being sold at that particular Wal*Mart. After an 8 hour wait, 12:01 was finally upon us and I was able to buy the elusive Wii.

I actually bought Rayman Raving Rabbids and Red Steel two days before that. Not really sure how that happened... but... thanks GameStop.

A week after launch day. I only opened it on Christmas day though. I just had to buy one as soon as possible before they were out of stock!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

March 2007 and only played it occasionally since then. Probably only when i've got mates round.

Around 2006 or 2007. I forget, but I had Zelda and Dragonball Z 2.