By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When did you get your Wii ?

Around the beginning of Spring 2008 for me. Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii were on the way and i decided to finally snap one up as quick as possible so not to miss out on those greats.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network

April 2007. It was sold out from November 06. Played Wii Sports for about 7 Months straight. Got Sonic Secret Rings and Zelda. Love the last scenes!

Thurdsay, 12th July 2007

Yay for the Wii message board!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

The day after launch.  Happened to be walking by EB Games as they were opening, asked, and they sold me (and two others) unclaimed pre-ordered Wiis.     Great bit of luck as my son's birthday was just days away and I couldn't get one on launch day.   

For us, it was the day after launch also. My roommates, who had the preorder, were out of the area on launch day, so they ruthlessly used the 48 hour hold limit at GameStop to pick it up the next day, about half an hour before closing. And they prepaid the full price; it was hilarious watching people ask "Do you have a Wii? No." repeatedly, then us walking in saying "We're here for our Wii", they hit a few buttons on the register, and out comes the receipt, out goes us with the Wii, and everyone looking at us as we leave without appearing to pay a cent...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

I got it at midnight on Australian launch (7th December 2006) along with Wii Play Bundle, 2nd nunchuk, classic controller, Red Steel, Call of Duty 3 & Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

played around with Red Steel, Call of Duty, Wii Play and Mii Channel for about an hour then played Twilight Princess for 10 hours.

August 31, 2010

Nov 19 in 2006 !!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

January 2007... In costarica for around $450 with ZELDA TP....... sigh... good times... sigh... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

My original one, april 2007.

I just bought a second black one (and sold my first one), on June 2nd 2010.