By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When did you get your Wii ?

Launch day 2006, at about 8:15am. I got it with Twilight Princess and Wii Play, as well as a 2000 points card and a classic controller. 

Around the Network

I started playing wii games on my roommates in october or november 2009, I bought NMH first, then Wii play, Elebits, NiGHTS, and Link's Crossbow training.  Then he decided to sell it because he needed money so I bought my own either in december 2009 or january 2010, can't remember.  My library has grown fast because I've always wanted one and never dedicated the time and money to it, now I've almost played every game I've wanted to on the system (still really need to get LoZ TP though).

In 2007 on a friday, right after payday. Had to wait the next day to play it though, I was going to night school and where I gone after that, their was no telly to plug it on...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Launch day and I wanted to play Twlight Princess.

I got mine 2 days before the (European) launch day. November 2006 I believe.I got Wii Play, Zelda and an extra remote/nunchuck with it.

I didn't have a TV, so I couldn't play it for days. :(

Around the Network

Launch day - midnight.

I don't have it anymore - sold it.

November 2007. I walked into a Gamestop literally just as they got their shipment in. Zelda was the first game I picked up.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

February 2007 with Twilight Princess and Smooth Moves ( to appease the wife).

Luanch day.

I still remember preordering it getting there about an hour before preorders started and being 11th in line.  I thought  Wii's were going to be super widely available after Christmas...boy was I wrong.

Launch

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype