By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When did you get your Wii ?

Beginning of September 2007. Signed up to VGChartz a month later.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Received it as a gift on Christmas day of 2008!  I bought Mario Kart Wii soon after and I have had no regrets :)!

December 2006, it was quite a big surprise since I was expecting it for march 07

I got mine in July 2007 when they were sold out everywhere and I was lucky to find a Walmart Bundle Online.

Christmas 2006

My parents apparently waited at a GameStop at 4 in the morning to get it for Christmas. I love them so much and what they do for me.

Around the Network

First half of 2008

It was a bundle so it came with 5 games of my choice:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Don't regret)

Mario Kart Wii (Don't regret)

Tomb Raider Anniversary (Don't regret)

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Don't regret)

WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2009 (Regret 0.o)

April 2007.

I had called Gamestop up to ask if the store had a particular game for the Xbox, the clerk left the line for a moment and said he had to take care of the Wii units that had just came in.

I immediately hung up, left work, and went and bought one. I called my wife while en route, telling her what I was doing.

MIke from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

superchunk said:

Did you have VC or WW games? If so, did you lose them or transfer to black Wii and how?

I only had 20 dollars in Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero Songs, and I lost them but it was no biggie. The Real problem was with some saved files games, that you cannot transfer your progress, so before I could sell my old console I had to finish some of those games, and others just lost the advance and will have to start all over again (specially the unlocks for multiplayer in Super Smash)

mike_intellivision said:

April 2007.

I immediately hung up, left work, and went and bought one. I called my wife while en route, telling her what I was doing.

MIke from Morgantown

And you still have your job after that or did you make some excuse?

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:
mike_intellivision said:

April 2007.

MIke from Morgantown

And you still have your job after that or did you make some excuse?

I have some flexibility in my job (university faculty). Plus it was just about the end of the day.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV