By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Android 3.0 Game Phone.... by SONY

Wow.

PSPhone is here people!

Let's hope it does well! Could earn Sony some major profit!!

Around the Network

What I would do..

is that I would cancel the PSP 3000, and continue selling PSP GO for $149

sort of like the itouch and iphone, so that the PSP GO replaces the PSP 3000 and the PSP 2.0 or 4000 or w.e this is becomes the phone plan phone for $199 with contract? Not only would sony make MILLIONS, but it would sell like crack, especially if they release it to more than just one service.

It would make sense too since they said they aren't looking into upgrading PSP, so a PSP 4000/phone/2.0 would make sense along side a much cheaper PSP go.

mM
buzzard said:

The HW could sell well but I can't see the software selling that well...

well the iphone doesn't have that problem

mM
leo-j said:

What I would do..

sort of like the itouch and iphone, so that the PSP GO replaces the PSP 3000 and the PSP 2.0 or 4000 or w.e this is becomes the phone plan phone for $199 with contract? Not only would sony make MILLIONS, but it would sell like crack, especially if they release it to more than just one service.

It would make sense too since they said they aren't looking into upgrading PSP, so a PSP 4000/phone/2.0 would make sense along side a much cheaper PSP go.

this probably is the PSP 3000

Whens this likey to be released? have an upgrade soon but will wait if it's close.

Around the Network
dallas said:
leo-j said:

What I would do..

this probably is the PSP 3000

:S there already is a psp 3000

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

This will not end well at all. If that is the phone at the top that is the biggest piece of shit phone I have ever seen. It has all the negatives of a physical keyboard without any of its amazing pluses. For the phone to actually succeed it iwll have to be an alright phone, so if it is going to be thick it better have a physical KBD otherwise it iwll onyl sell to the gamers and that is no way to be successful. But I am all over Android 3.0, once I get the money for handsets with i.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

This will not end well at all. If that is the phone at the top that is the biggest piece of shit phone I have ever seen. It has all the negatives of a physical keyboard without any of its amazing pluses. For the phone to actually succeed it iwll have to be an alright phone, so if it is going to be thick it better have a physical KBD otherwise it iwll onyl sell to the gamers and that is no way to be successful. But I am all over Android 3.0, once I get the money for handsets with i.

that's not the phone, and the PSP GO isn't thick in fact it's even thinner than the PSP 3000.

It's something in between a PSP GO and a SAMSUNG smart phone. Remember they came up with the X10, sure it has android 1.6, but it's an amazing phone

mM

This is what PSPGo should have been. Finally a solid device that even I would consider buying. It would give me the solid Android phone I want with a very good mobile gaming portion... and it could coexist with any other handheld console as its essentially a smart phone. So, I could own this and a 3DS as an example.

My only points about this rumor is that:

1. It would need a better CPU as even the other Android devices being rumored for later this year will have a much higher CPU.

2. Probably a 8MP camera or greater.

You must remember that the other benefit of a device like this is the price can be $500 or so as that is then incorporated into the contract price for carriers like all phones. So it would hit the $200 'normal' price for the consumer just like all new smarthphones.

This is where Sony may hit a home run. Still won't outdo the 3DS as its gonna be less in hardware and as most phones it will be replaced rather quickly (about 1.5years), but it will give Sony a solid platform (Android) to push their 1st party games and thus generate a lot more revenue.

This is SuperChunk and I approve of this device. :)

One thing I'm worried about is Piracy... Android is like Treasure Island for Pirates.. heck at first you could download everything legaly, make a backup, then use the 24 hours return policy to get your money back and then restore the backup.. * starts downloading all the emulators on the Marketplace before they get pulled off..*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)