By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Android 3.0 Game Phone.... by SONY

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/11/exclusive-sony-ericsson-to-introduce-android-3-0-gaming-platfor/

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

im not really sure how this is all going to work out,

wow, i think that this will be huge.....can't wait to see sales data.   This idea does have some good points, and a few bad ones..... Good- Sony will be able to offer more value by getting people to buy just 1 product, instead of a phone and PSP device.  Online games will also have the advantage of not being physically shipped, so retailers won't have to deal with inventory, etc.  Bad-  phone games are pretty basic, it would be hard for Sony to get notable games with a cell phone, unless it was pretty high-powered like the Iphone 4

I love it that Sony is partnering w/ Google, so that less $$$$$$$ will go MS's way ( by way of MS's phone OS).  I hope that Sony's next tablet does android as well, and that it has similar results.

dallas said:

wow, i think that this will be huge.....can't wait to see sales data. 

I love it that Sony is partnering w/ Google, so that less $$$$$$$ will go MS's way ( by way of MS's phone OS).  I hope that Sony's next tablet does android as well, and that it has similar results.

Actually MS has little impact on this. Looks like they're going against Apple instead.

I wonder what the prices will be for the games.. Android users don't really buy apps and Sony is way overpricing the games on PSN.. GTA China Town Wars and Crimson Gem Saga are much cheaper in the Appstore then on PSN..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
dallas said:

wow, i think that this will be huge.....can't wait to see sales data. 

Actually MS has little impact on this. Looks like they're going against Apple instead.

Well, they definitely don't want to side with a competitor but you're perfectly entitled to your opinion.  Btw, if apple was who sony was worrdied about, they'd be siding with MS anyway.  But it looks like they choose to avoid MS as well, because they know that the less $$$$$  MS gets the less powerful it will be.  So, by supporting google, Sony will have a slightly easier time with its games division, because that means that MS wouldn't have as many resources at its disposal.  I'm not saying that this will make MS weak by any means, but you don't want to feed your competitor if you can help it.

Holy crap! Apple...Nintendo step aside here comes Sony!

NiKKoM said:

I wonder what the prices will be for the games.. Android users don't really buy apps and Sony is way overpricing the games on PSN.. GTA China Town Wars and Crimson Gem Saga are much cheaper in the Appstore then on PSN..

android users will be buying apps once its market share keeps getting higher and higher, as there will be more content made just for android phones. 

HELL YEAH! Hats off to Joeorc, your prediction seems to spot on brotha :D

This is a great move by Sony imho....fingers crossed for a GC reveal

and also did you guys notice another tid bit of rumor mentioned here? Modern Warfare? 0_0 launch title? maybe

Sony Google = GREAT partnership...both companies are always looking to expand

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Going to be Massive! Nice going Sony-Google.

Cant Wait too hear the big details !

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords