By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Yes quite a few of them too 303 52.15%

None World Wide 117 20.14%

Only a few but it wont matter 161 27.71%

Total:581
LordMatrix said:
leo-j said:
nightsurge said:
leo-j said:
nightsurge said:

I say yes, but only in the week or two following GT5's release.  Maybe the week of Move's launch.

Other than that I think the 360 has it in the bag for the remainder of the weeks with Reach,  Fable 3, Kinect, bundles, holiday sales, etc.

and the ps3 doesn't have bundles, holidays, etc..?

I didn't say that.  I just think the 360's bundles, sales, and Kinect will have a much bigger impact than the PS3's bundles, sales, and Move.

Why?? Ps3 has bluray, and 3D.. for the holidays.. two very big consumer attractions especilly THIS holiday season..

Nobody I know that is into gamign is even remotely interested in getting a 3DTV and those I know that want bluray now never cared for PS3 and standalone bluray players are affordable now. If you want bluray more than just get a standalone player and if you want a 3dTV u better be freaking rich. The majority of the consumers out there won`t be looking into  it. Kinect seems to be hitting its mark with the casuals and the new X360 S is helping revitalise the aging console plus you have quite of few of the biggest games coming out on X360 this fall. I have to agree with nightsurge the PS3 will do fine during the holidays but it seems like Microsoft has Europe and North America right where they want them.

Where does the 3D tv is only for the rich myth come from

Normal standalone blu-ray players are AU$129 and the 3D blu-ray is around AU$499 aus, the cheapest ps3 is also $499, so the people who will want to watch a movie in past experiences (i work in an elec store I try to sell them a ps3 as our specific store doesnt sell 3D blu-rays the larger variations of our store does) don't want a gaming system they just want a blu-ray player.

It also happened when the original blu-ray came out and they were the same price as the PS3. And 3D tv's are only around AU$2500 btw AU$ is australian dollars, so i can only assume it will be cheaper in the US.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the battle ground:

the instant seller: HR should see sells of 2-3m in it's first wk, but will Reach face the same fate as OSDT or will it take the Hloiday season buy storm? (ODST 5m/Halo3 12m)

get ready to stretch your legs cause according to long time fans of the GT series thats what it does. GT takes you for a ride before you get to the end of it's massive selling base, and with previous games in the series selling 10 to 14m units this could be the PS3's biggest Christmas gift to give PS3 the win this fall, but will need for speed hot pursuit throw salt in the game of the most popular racing franchise or will GT5 blow dirt, mud, dust,and burn rubber in the view of it's competition? (GTP5 3.5m/GT14m/GT410m) 

Your Halo Reach expectations are low. It'll do 5 million first week.

Its no surprise that Halo ODST had considerably less sales than Halo 3 because its basically just an expansion. The multiplayer was also just taken from Halo 3. All considered sales have been great and its only been out for a year. Halo games are known for great legs and I think ODST will sell 8 million life time.

Your GT5 expectations are unsurprisingly very high for a Sony fan. I'm thinking it'll do about 3 million first week.

well i don't think there low! Reach still has COD Black OP'S to deal with. were still talking about indirect competition here in halo reach and GT5. two big shooters and to big racing games could push expectation even lower. not to mention LBP2 and AC brotherhood. see i don't count anything out i think it's all possible I was just telling one scenario, a battle ground.

the battle ground

COD Black OP's vs Halo Reach: only one of theses two big shooters can win the war this fall.(world at war 10m/Halo3 12m)

the kings of racing, but only one will Raine supreme GT5 vs Need for speed hot pursuit.

me being a Sony fan has nothing to do with my expectations.  

Um judging by your numbers they both kicked arse.... but I think halo reach was released closer to Cod4 wasnt it?

360 fans will get both shooters, Cod will not beat Halo, a proper Halo game, Microsoft advertises way way too well, they saturate you in advertisement.

Activision won't do that. Why on gods name will Little Big Planet and Assassins Creed affect Halo's sales... that just doesnt make any sense.LBP is a ps3 exclusive and advertised (im not saying it is one) but advertised as a kids game. People who will want a shooter or a more mature game wont get LBP.

With all the rest of the series they are established, bar GTR the rest you wont really pick up unless you have played one of the previous. GTR in my opinion will be the biggest let down for any game since final fantasy (the current latest). That is just my opinion though as I have stated.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I say yes, without a doubt. PS3 sales are still incredibly strong, remember, it sold 300k units for NPD in June, despite a price cut from from the competition. I doubt it will beat out the 360 in sales for Q3/Q4, because I expect this to be the 360's best year and the PS3's second best year, but it's going to win a handful of weeks.

In the end though, the gap will increase in the 360's favor. The PS3 won't be playing catch up anymore until the magical $200 price cut.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Sorcery said:

I say yes, without a doubt. PS3 sales are still incredibly strong, remember, it sold 300k units for NPD in June, despite a price cut from from the competition. I doubt it will beat out the 360 in sales for Q3/Q4, because I expect this to be the 360's best year and the PS3's second best year, but it's going to win a handful of weeks.

In the end though, the gap will increase in the 360's favor. The PS3 won't be playing catching up anymore until the magical $200 price cut.

this seems about where i stand well put Sorcery..

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

i don't think so. 

only chance of ps3 outselling 360 is if kinect fails hard. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

Yeah it probably will when GT5 launches, other than that I don't expect too many.

I think probably anywhere between 4-6 of the weeks left in the year MIGHT go to PS3.

EDIT :  double post 

and my second one failed, forgot discounted older models

Considering Halo Reach is the third iteration of the Halo series on the 360, it won't push as much console sales.  While there's quite a few that have been waiting for GT5 on PS3 and it hasn't been on the PS3 before, there's a greater chance to push hardware sales for the PS3.  While I think Kinect will do better than Move, I don't think either will push any hardware in general.

I wouldn't discount bluray that much.  It is helping PS3 sales in general(several percent IMO).  I see greater bluray adoption this coming year but there are other cheaper bluray players out there now.  Only a mild boost there for PS3.

I think PS3 will take 2-3 weeks post GT5 release but Xbox the rest of the season.

Edit: I forgot about GT5 prologue

I don't normally post here, but I figured I'd share my thoughts. 

I think Microsoft will have the rest of the year, by typically small margins. PS3 will take the holidays with GT5, LBP and DCUO launching in November, and the moves success already established by this point, followed up by heavy marketing over the holiday period. 

Halo Reach of course, being the third in the series. With ODST not selling many units. Will also - not sell 360 units, to any significant degree, anyway. 

The PS Move, will most likely perform initially worse than Kinect, but I think the Move will have more legs, and eventually push more units. However I don't think either move or Kinect will push any significant hardware figures. The PS3 may be able to reclaim Europe on the weeks around the Playstation Moves release. 

PS3 will still end up on top of the 360, for hardware units sold, this year.

When the PS3 Slim launched, the PS3 outsold the 360 week after week for almost an entire year. Now the 360 launched, and it's also doing reasonable well, not as well as the PS3 Slim, but considering the PS3 Slim was already out before the 360 Slim, it's still doing well.

So just on the popularity of the 360 Slim, I think until November 360 will hold the leads in terms of game sales. Two months after release the 360 Slim is still holding a sizable lead in sales over the PS3, and even without the Kinect and Halo, that will be enough to last until November.

Now to garentee that lead in sales, Halo, Kinect, and Fable 3 will push many consoles, and consistantly keep the sales diference between the PS3 and the 360 high. Think about it.

360S in June for North America and Japan, 360S for July everywhere else. 360S in North America in early August, and late August for everywhere else. Halo in September. Kinect standalone, bundled, and Fable 3 in October. No way PS3 can outsell the 360 until Gran Turismo 5.

Now for the week of Gran Turismo 5, I think PS3 sales will be above 360 sales. However I still think the 360 will be the more popular console this holiday, so for that strong sales period at the end of November onto December, I think 360 will be superior.

So my guess is for 1-2 weeks, the PS3 will outsell the 360 thanks to Gran Turismo 5, maybe even a third week because of LBP2, but I think 360 and PS3 games will still be roughly the same for that breif period where PS3 leads because Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and many other BIG multiconsole games are also being released at this time. Also Kinect will push people to buy bundled 360S Arcade models .

So I give PS3 a week, mayybbbeee 2 if GT5 really sells well, but there is also a chance that Sony does not outsell the 360 ANY week this year if Kinect takes off.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results