By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Yes quite a few of them too 303 52.15%

None World Wide 117 20.14%

Only a few but it wont matter 161 27.71%

Total:581

Come on, People!

OT (Again): In my counts PS3 will be outsell 360 all weeks after GT5 release... so 8 weeks. But before this and after Halo: Reach launch PS3 could outsell 360 some weeks (2-3).

Thats my number... 11 weeks.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Acevil said:

Darth, Darth, Darth! When will you learn that peace making is overrated, trust me I would know I'm Canadian! :P

I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to play Peace Walker!!! 

Hmm, wish I could send you my PSP, since I'm not using it. Given Ys does launch in like two weeks. You need a friend with a psp who has enough faith to get another PSP MGS after the portable ops/acid fiasco.

Fixed. I told my friend everyone says this one is much better, despite my friend being a MGS fan, he still isn't getting it though.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:
nightsurge said:
leo-j said:
nightsurge said:

I say yes, but only in the week or two following GT5's release.  Maybe the week of Move's launch.

Other than that I think the 360 has it in the bag for the remainder of the weeks with Reach,  Fable 3, Kinect, bundles, holiday sales, etc.

and the ps3 doesn't have bundles, holidays, etc..?

I didn't say that.  I just think the 360's bundles, sales, and Kinect will have a much bigger impact than the PS3's bundles, sales, and Move.

Why?? Ps3 has bluray, and 3D.. for the holidays.. two very big consumer attractions especilly THIS holiday season..

Nobody I know that is into gamign is even remotely interested in getting a 3DTV and those I know that want bluray now never cared for PS3 and standalone bluray players are affordable now. If you want bluray more than just get a standalone player and if you want a 3dTV u better be freaking rich. The majority of the consumers out there won`t be looking into  it. Kinect seems to be hitting its mark with the casuals and the new X360 S is helping revitalise the aging console plus you have quite of few of the biggest games coming out on X360 this fall. I have to agree with nightsurge the PS3 will do fine during the holidays but it seems like Microsoft has Europe and North America right where they want them.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Ha the argument between Jnuel and Seece is quite epic!

I thinks so. Sony predicted 15 million ps3s to  be sold for FY 2011. They must have something special planned. 

Around the Network
Seece said:
jneul said:
Seece said:
jneul said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

id say at least 8 weeks PS3 will be above 360 WW b4 the year ends

I'm assuming that's the 8 weeks after GT5 launches?

wats it to you why dont u post how many weeks you think it will do it

let me guess 1..2..maybe 3? will be your answer

"wats it to you" just asking a question, don't get so uptight, you seem to be a lot more coy about your predictions lately BHR

leave BHR alone, I don't see you making any hard reliable predictions.....

Are you his bodyguard or something? Whatever, don't tell me who to reply to. I asked him a question, if he wants to remain coy about it then that's his choice, I don't think he's very confident with it as a result though.

Why don't you go make another alt Jneul and speak to yourself on your wall?

lol^^ at least he actually contributes in a positive way towards forums......

I have more stickied threads than you 2 combined

You are also far more arrogant and rude than the two of them combined. BTW I  AM STILL WATING FOR THAT APOLOGY YOU OWE ME.

Jay520 said:

I thinks so. Sony predicted 15 million ps3s to  be sold for FY 2011. They must have something special planned. 

May be a price cut, please!!!

i don't see why not! i actually believe the big 3 will be real close in sells cause they all have something to give.

Wii: isn't Legend of Zelda skyward sword coming out this fall? that will be fun and should take Nintendo back into the sells there none for. (1-2m ahead of Sony.currently on track to pass current gamer predictions of 85m yr end, LTD, and Fiscal)

with move, GT5, and LBP2 coming out this fall PS3 could beat predictions of 14-15m this yr maybe rounding 45-47m units WW! PS3's continued growth only spurs hope and the possibility of rounding out this fall with 5m units sold  and 5m left to meet fiscal yr end projections. (always surprises with this console so i'm looking for one! currently 10m left to meet fiscal and the average gamer predictions of 45m)(500,000-1m ahead of 360)

360: keep counting the older of the 3 out and you'll surly be wrong! the 360 has an equally big ace up it's sleeve none as Halo Reach! Sony and MS biggest IP'S(GT and Halo) going head to head and the gamers on both sides have already Spoken out and it seems to be a draw?(current predictions put MS and the 360 just 5-9m units away from gamer predictions of 13m(=51m in total sells)

the battle ground:

the instant seller: HR should see sells of 2-3m in it's first wk, but will Reach face the same fate as OSDT or will it take the Hloiday season buy storm? (ODST 5m/Halo3 12m)

get ready to stretch your legs cause according to long time fans of the GT series thats what it does. GT takes you for a ride before you get to the end of it's massive selling base, and with previous games in the series selling 10 to 14m units this could be the PS3's biggest Christmas gift to give PS3 the win this fall, but will need for speed hot pursuit throw salt in the game of the most popular racing franchise or will GT5 blow dirt, mud, dust,and burn rubber in the view of it's competition? (GTP5 3.5m/GT14m/GT410m) 

nightsurge said:
BHR-3 said:
yo_john117 said:
BHR-3 said:
leo-j said:

They already have, don't need your opinion telling me other wise

As for this holiday season, considering the ps3 is going to be the cheapest movie playing 3D blu ray player, and 3d has been taking off, and should really take off in 2011 due to cheaper tv's releasing, I don't know why it wouldn't push ps3 hardware sales. Especially since retailers are going to have MOVE plus 3D glasses to play games in 3D with sony employees in actual stores demonstrating it.. that's a huge attraction in my eyes.

So who knows. The 360 has the price advantage, and maybe the brand recognition in AMERICA/UK, but everywhere else? Especially Japan?

it does i thought the prices are the same as last year 300 vs 200 and 300? what happened then?

also what i think leo is trying to say is that ps3 has bluray a HDD and costs 300 where as 360s sku with a HDD is also 300 but no bluray

You know thats never really made a difference before.

yes it has once the ps3 is within $100-130 of the 360 it has been able to outsell WW when ps3 was 400 and 360 was 200 360 won WW and when ps3 launched it was $300 vs $500 and 360 was winning till it went to 280 vs 400 in late 07

it wont matter to those that are set on a 360 but costumers that really dont care about preference or are unsure what to buy its when it matters 

Fixed.

Consumers that don't care about preference will also not care about minor differences in features.  They will likely go based on price alone...

Obviously the bluray and HDD really never made much of a difference.  It was price and games that made a difference.

I got a PS3 and not a 360 because of Blu ray. Wanted to watch my wedding blu ray footage :) It mattered at least for one sale.

Quite easy during its big releases and immediately after, but if enough XB360 buyers are people that without the novelties released early by MS would have bought it later, around Xmas, PS3 could be bigger in December too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!