By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Yes quite a few of them too 303 52.15%

None World Wide 117 20.14%

Only a few but it wont matter 161 27.71%

Total:581
postofficebuddy said:

Your Halo prediction is a bit optimistic even if it does match or slightly beat MW2 (360) in Americas. One thing people neglect to account for is that MW2 is much larger in PAL, it's already beat Halo 3 there by a fair margin. And in regards to GT5's first week, in Americas preorders are trending in line with MW2 (PS3) which had a 1.6 million opening. On top of that although it hasn't been officially announced yet all evidence currently suggests a worldwide launch so it will have 4 days to sell in EMEAA rather than just 1 that most games have. So most likely first week in EMEAA will probably be bigger than in Americas.

You neglect that Halo 3 was launched to a much smaller userbase. The 360 userbase has grown significantly since 2007 and that's potential for a much bigger launch.

Anyhow, the launch will without a doubt be bigger than his prediction of 3 million. Personally, I'd be surprised if its under 5 million.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
r3av3r2k1 said:

People are expecting to much from GT5, it will raise hardware in japan thats for sure, but in America it will have little impact on hardware, and in Europe it will raise hardware a little but not much, the holiday shopping spree and an hypothetical price cut would spur sales allot more the the launch of a single game

People should realize by now that, a single game this far in to the generation has little effect on hardware sales, price cuts and catalog of games are much more important than a single game

However GT5 happens to be the sequel to the top selling exclusive of last generation (Gran Turismo 3 - 15 Million)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
r3av3r2k1 said:

People are expecting to much from GT5, it will raise hardware in japan thats for sure, but in America it will have little impact on hardware, and in Europe it will raise hardware a little but not much, the holiday shopping spree and an hypothetical price cut would spur sales allot more the the launch of a single game

People should realize by now that, a single game this far in to the generation has little effect on hardware sales, price cuts and catalog of games are much more important than a single game

However GT5 happens to be the sequel to the top selling exclusive of last generation (Gran Turismo 3 - 15 Million)

Racing games are not as popular today as they were back then. There are also many more competitors already out on the market today. Gran Turismo used to be the only game of it's quality available. Now there are others to choose from. There's Forza and Shift and Dirt, to just name a few. The market is split and people have gotten their driving sim itch scratched already. GT5 will be huge, buy I don't think it can beat GT3 or even GT4.

Minimum : 2 - 3 weeks

Maximum : 5 - 6 weeks

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

kain_kusanagi said:
Racing games are not as popular today as they were back then.

I wonder where people came from that.

Around the Network

Personally, i think it's great that there are 3 competitive consoles on the market. I hope they all do well and continue to makes games for well into the future. Hopefully, they will get more aggressive with royalty and licensing fees for third party developers and might even get some games to the market a little cheaper. When businesses compete, consumers win.

I already have a PS3, so an XBOX 360 is in my future.

PS3: 8 weeks.

I don't understand why some of you think Kinect is much more in the media. None of my friends even know about it, or Move for that matter. I think you're all kidding yourselves if you're expecting a huge boost from that. It's a gimmick, as is Move. Will only be selling to current system owners IMO.

Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the battle ground:

the instant seller: HR should see sells of 2-3m in it's first wk, but will Reach face the same fate as OSDT or will it take the Hloiday season buy storm? (ODST 5m/Halo3 12m)

get ready to stretch your legs cause according to long time fans of the GT series thats what it does. GT takes you for a ride before you get to the end of it's massive selling base, and with previous games in the series selling 10 to 14m units this could be the PS3's biggest Christmas gift to give PS3 the win this fall, but will need for speed hot pursuit throw salt in the game of the most popular racing franchise or will GT5 blow dirt, mud, dust,and burn rubber in the view of it's competition? (GTP5 3.5m/GT14m/GT410m) 

Your Halo Reach expectations are low. It'll do 5 million first week.

Its no surprise that Halo ODST had considerably less sales than Halo 3 because its basically just an expansion. The multiplayer was also just taken from Halo 3. All considered sales have been great and its only been out for a year. Halo games are known for great legs and I think ODST will sell 8 million life time.

Your GT5 expectations are unsurprisingly very high for a Sony fan. I'm thinking it'll do about 3 million first week.

well i don't think there low! Reach still has COD Black OP'S to deal with. were still talking about indirect competition here in halo reach and GT5. two big shooters and to big racing games could push expectation even lower. not to mention LBP2 and AC brotherhood. see i don't count anything out i think it's all possible I was just telling one scenario, a battle ground.

the battle ground

COD Black OP's vs Halo Reach: only one of theses two big shooters can win the war this fall.(world at war 10m/Halo3 12m)

the kings of racing, but only one will Raine supreme GT5 vs Need for speed hot pursuit.

me being a Sony fan has nothing to do with my expectations.  

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the battle ground:

the instant seller: HR should see sells of 2-3m in it's first wk, but will Reach face the same fate as OSDT or will it take the Hloiday season buy storm? (ODST 5m/Halo3 12m)

get ready to stretch your legs cause according to long time fans of the GT series thats what it does. GT takes you for a ride before you get to the end of it's massive selling base, and with previous games in the series selling 10 to 14m units this could be the PS3's biggest Christmas gift to give PS3 the win this fall, but will need for speed hot pursuit throw salt in the game of the most popular racing franchise or will GT5 blow dirt, mud, dust,and burn rubber in the view of it's competition? (GTP5 3.5m/GT14m/GT410m) 

Its no surprise that Halo ODST had considerably less sales than Halo 3 because its basically just an expansion. The multiplayer was also just taken from Halo 3. All considered sales have been great and its only been out for a year. Halo games are known for great legs and I think ODST will sell 8 million life time.

Your GT5 expectations are unsurprisingly very high for a Sony fan. I'm thinking it'll do about 3 million first week.

well i don't think there low! Reach still has COD Black OP'S to deal with. were still talking about indirect competition here in halo reach and GT5. two big shooters and to big racing games could push expectation even lower. not to mention LBP2 and AC brotherhood. see i don't count anything out i think it's all possible I was just telling one scenario, a battle ground.

the battle ground

COD Black OP's vs Halo Reach: only one of theses two big shooters can win the war this fall.(world at war 10m/Halo3 12m)

the kings of racing, but only one will Raine supreme GT5 vs Need for speed hot pursuit.

Reach comes next month and it has little competition. Black Ops comes in November I believe.

GT5 will be released with a flood of games with high sales expectations. While not the same genre, some people might have more interest in other genres.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the battle ground:

the battle ground

Reach comes next month and it has little competition. Black Ops comes in November I believe.

GT5 will be released with a flood of games with high sales expectations. While not the same genre, some people might have more interest in other genres.

so it would seem as if the comp. for halo is perspective,and GT5'S comp. is more apparent or just more competitive.

i'd prefer to leave anything COD alone. it's not something i can debate sanely. I hate anything COD.