By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Yes quite a few of them too 303 52.15%

None World Wide 117 20.14%

Only a few but it wont matter 161 27.71%

Total:581
gurglesletch said:
Seece said:
jneul said:
Seece said:
jneul said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

lol^^ at least he actually contributes in a positive way towards forums......

I have more stickied threads than you 2 combined

You are also far more arrogant and rude than the two of them combined. BTW I  AM STILL WATING FOR THAT APOLOGY YOU OWE ME.

I don't think Seece is arrogant or rude....so I guess thats all subjective isn't it?

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
leo-j said:

They already have, don't need your opinion telling me other wise

As for this holiday season, considering the ps3 is going to be the cheapest movie playing 3D blu ray player, and 3d has been taking off, and should really take off in 2011 due to cheaper tv's releasing, I don't know why it wouldn't push ps3 hardware sales. Especially since retailers are going to have MOVE plus 3D glasses to play games in 3D with sony employees in actual stores demonstrating it.. that's a huge attraction in my eyes.

So who knows. The 360 has the price advantage, and maybe the brand recognition in AMERICA/UK, but everywhere else? Especially Japan?

it does i thought the prices are the same as last year 300 vs 200 and 300? what happened then?

also what i think leo is trying to say is that ps3 has bluray a HDD and costs 300 where as 360s sku with a HDD is also 300 but no bluray

Thats the reason microsoft has a good advantage over sony, the 360s can see a price cut pretty whenever microsoft wants it to, but for now they are doing great on a business perspective, they are selling a product for a higher price then it neaded in order to be profitable. Sony is still doing very little money on every ps3, and with a price cut, that margin would shrink dramatically or even go in the red again, and sony is trying to make money  now,more  then trying to increase there market share, all of this plays in microsoft´s favor

Well there's basically 2 very important weeks to keep a close eye on to monitor trends.

September week ending 18th: Move vs Halo Reach (Move launch on 15th/Reach launch on 14th)

November week ending 6th: Kinect vs GT5 (Kinect launch on 5th/GT5 launch on 2nd)

Honestly, the question itself is very flattering towards the 360.

But other than two or three weeks around GT5 I don't really see PS>X, and considering how long it's been since GT4 i wonder if the GT fans who haven't already bought the PS3 haven't moved on, grown kids, and stuff...

gurglesletch said:
Seece said:
jneul said:
Seece said:
jneul said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

id say at least 8 weeks PS3 will be above 360 WW b4 the year ends

I'm assuming that's the 8 weeks after GT5 launches?

wats it to you why dont u post how many weeks you think it will do it

let me guess 1..2..maybe 3? will be your answer

"wats it to you" just asking a question, don't get so uptight, you seem to be a lot more coy about your predictions lately BHR

leave BHR alone, I don't see you making any hard reliable predictions.....

Are you his bodyguard or something? Whatever, don't tell me who to reply to. I asked him a question, if he wants to remain coy about it then that's his choice, I don't think he's very confident with it as a result though.

Why don't you go make another alt Jneul and speak to yourself on your wall?

lol^^ at least he actually contributes in a positive way towards forums......

I have more stickied threads than you 2 combined

You are also far more arrogant and rude than the two of them combined. BTW I  AM STILL WATING FOR THAT APOLOGY YOU OWE ME.

Don't hold your breathe

.. or do.

Around the Network

I think PS3 will outsell 360 in atleast 4 weeks, mostly thanks to GT5.

Fumanchu said:

Well there's basically 2 very important weeks to keep a close eye on to monitor trends.

September week ending 18th: Move vs Halo Reach (Move launch on 15th/Reach launch on 14th)

November week ending 6th: Kinect vs GT5 (Kinect launch on 5th/GT5 launch on 2nd)

Never noticed those dates were so close.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the battle ground:

the instant seller: HR should see sells of 2-3m in it's first wk, but will Reach face the same fate as OSDT or will it take the Hloiday season buy storm? (ODST 5m/Halo3 12m)

get ready to stretch your legs cause according to long time fans of the GT series thats what it does. GT takes you for a ride before you get to the end of it's massive selling base, and with previous games in the series selling 10 to 14m units this could be the PS3's biggest Christmas gift to give PS3 the win this fall, but will need for speed hot pursuit throw salt in the game of the most popular racing franchise or will GT5 blow dirt, mud, dust,and burn rubber in the view of it's competition? (GTP5 3.5m/GT14m/GT410m) 

Your Halo Reach expectations are low. It'll do 5 million first week.

Its no surprise that Halo ODST had considerably less sales than Halo 3 because its basically just an expansion. The multiplayer was also just taken from Halo 3. All considered sales have been great and its only been out for a year. Halo games are known for great legs and I think ODST will sell 8 million life time.

Your GT5 expectations are unsurprisingly very high for a Sony fan. I'm thinking it'll do about 3 million first week.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

People are expecting to much from GT5, it will raise hardware in japan thats for sure, but in America it will have little impact on hardware, and in Europe it will raise hardware a little but not much, the holiday shopping spree and an hypothetical price cut would spur sales allot more the the launch of a single game

People should realize by now that, a single game this far in to the generation has little effect on hardware sales, price cuts and catalog of games are much more important than a single game

Mr Puggsly said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

the battle ground:

the instant seller: HR should see sells of 2-3m in it's first wk, but will Reach face the same fate as OSDT or will it take the Hloiday season buy storm? (ODST 5m/Halo3 12m)

get ready to stretch your legs cause according to long time fans of the GT series thats what it does. GT takes you for a ride before you get to the end of it's massive selling base, and with previous games in the series selling 10 to 14m units this could be the PS3's biggest Christmas gift to give PS3 the win this fall, but will need for speed hot pursuit throw salt in the game of the most popular racing franchise or will GT5 blow dirt, mud, dust,and burn rubber in the view of it's competition? (GTP5 3.5m/GT14m/GT410m) 

Your Halo Reach expectations are low. It'll do 5 million first week.

Its no surprise that Halo ODST had considerably less sales than Halo 3 because its basically just an expansion. The multiplayer was also just taken from Halo 3. All considered sales have been great and its only been out for a year. Halo games are known for great legs and I think ODST will sell 8 million life time.

Your GT5 expectations are unsurprisingly very high for a Sony fan. I'm thinking it'll do about 3 million first week.

Your Halo prediction is a bit optimistic even if it does match or slightly beat MW2 (360) in Americas. One thing people neglect to account for is that MW2 is much larger in PAL, it's already beat Halo 3 there by a fair margin. And in regards to GT5's first week, in Americas preorders are trending in line with MW2 (PS3) which had a 1.6 million opening. On top of that although it hasn't been officially announced yet all evidence currently suggests a worldwide launch so it will have 4 days to sell in EMEAA rather than just 1 that most games have. So most likely first week in EMEAA will probably be bigger than in Americas.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4